Taillon Selected for Futures GameJune 21, 2012 - Florida State League (FSL) Bradenton Marauders
Cole, who won his Double-A debut last night, went 5-1 with a 2.55 ERA (67.0ip/19er) and 69 strikeouts in 13 starts this year with Single-A Bradenton before being promoted to the Curve yesterday.
He won each of his last five decisions with the Marauders and ranked fourth in the Florida State League in ERA, third in strikeouts per 9.0 innings pitched among starters (9.27) and third in batting average against (.217) among starters at the time of his promotion.
Taillon is 4-6 with a 4.10 ERA (74.2ip/34er) and 67 strikeouts in 14 starts, including one complete game, this year for Bradenton. In his first start of the second half of the season Tuesday he allowed one hit over 7.0 shutout innings while winning a 7-0 decision against St. Lucie. Coming into today Taillon ranks tied for seventh among all Florida State League pitchers in strikeouts.
Filer is in his third season with the Pirates organization, including his second straight with Indianapolis.
This year Filer's Indianapolis pitching staff has produced a league-leading 2.97 ERA (654.1ip/216er) and nine shutouts.
Florida State League Stories from June 21, 2012
- Marauders win 10-3 - Charlotte Stone Crabs
- 'Tees Open Second Half with Win - Brevard County Manatees
- Knudson, Miracle Bats Stay Hot with 9-5 Win over Mets - Fort Myers Miracle
- Rahmatulla Awarded Topps Player of the Month - Palm Beach Cardinals
- Flying Tigers Return Home Saturday for Sunset Celebration - Lakeland Flying Tigers
- Taillon Selected for Futures Game - Bradenton Marauders
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.