Isotopes 8th Inning Rally too Much for ZephyrsJune 20, 2012 - Pacific Coast League (PCL) New Orleans Zephyrs
Gil Velazquez drilled a solo home run in the first to start the scoring for the Z's. Nick Green added a run for the Zephyrs with an RBI single in the third inning. Donnie Murphy homered in the sixth and the Zephyrs grabbed a 3-0 lead.
Isotopes starter Will Savage looking for his tenth win of the season worked five and third innings and allowed three runs in a no decision. Albuquerque scored a pair in the sixth inning when Josh Fields tripled and Jerry Sands hammered a long home run to centerfield.
Zephyr starter Brad Hand pitched six innings and allowed two runs on eight hits in a no decision.
New Orleans added a run in the eighth inning with a Steve Holm two out single to score Nick Green to give the Z's a 4-2 lead.
Albuquerque would score four runs in the eighth inning off of four hits and a walk to rally for the win. The Isotopes used four singles to centerfield to set the stage. Beau Jones entered with the bases loaded and two outs to face Trent Oeltjen and on a 1-1 pitch he threw a wild pitch that scored the go-ahead run and an error by the catcher allowed a second run to score.
Kyle Kaminska pitched an inning and a third for the Z's and took the defeat. The series is even at one.
Game Notes - Mike Cervenak extended his 14 game hit streak with 1x4 performance. The home run by Velazquez was his second of the season in 208 at bats. The Zephyrs activated Beau Jones from the disabled list. The Zephyrs are 4-3 on the trip
Coming Up: The Zephyrs and Albuquerque meet Thursday at 8:05. The Zephyrs will start LH Wade LeBlanc (3-5, 4.15) vs. Isotopes RH Stephen Fife (5-4, 4.86). RADIO: WMTI 106.1 "The Ticket"
Pacific Coast League Stories from June 20, 2012
- Isotopes 8th Inning Rally too Much for Zephyrs - New Orleans Zephyrs
- Gonzalez's Walk-Off Shot Sinks RedHawks - Oklahoma City RedHawks
- Cubs De-"Rale" Express - Iowa Cubs
- Round Rock Express Fall to Iowa 4-1 - Round Rock Express
- Sounds Walk off against RedHawks on Gonzalez Homer - Nashville Sounds
- Hicks Stays Hot, River Cats Beat Grizzlies 10-7 - Sacramento River Cats
- Chasers Outslugged by the Redbirds, 13-9, on Wednesday - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Round Rock Express - Game Notes vs. Iowa Cubs (Chicago Cubs) - Round Rock Express
- RedHawks Game Notes - Oklahoma City RedHawks
- Rainiers Stumble Against Reno, 7-3 - Tacoma Rainiers
- Aces Use 9th-Inning Rally to Top Rainiers, 7-3 - Reno Aces
- Carpenter Holds Down Padres - Tucson Padres
- 'Topes Ninth Inning Rally Comes up Short in 9-7 Loss - Albuquerque Isotopes
- River Cats Power Past Grizzlies, 5-2 - Sacramento River Cats
- Sox Nearly Notch 5th No-Hitter in Franchise History - Colorado Springs Sky Sox
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.