Cano & Robertson Coming to TrentonJune 20, 2012 - Eastern League (EL) Trenton Thunder
The MVP Foundation will present checks to Robinson Cano and David Robertson on behalf of their foundations in a ceremony on the field before the game. The Yankee All-Stars will also take part in the ceremonial first pitches.
" This is a great opportunity to publicly thank Robertson and Cano for all the work they do for our communities here and elsewhere," said Dr. Thomas "Doc" Haveron, founder of the MVP Foundation. "I wanted to host the event in Trenton as a way of thanking the Thunder for allowing me to be part of the team and the greatest baseball family ever."
"Doc Haveron and the MVP Foundation are committed to helping those in need and we're happy to be a part of it," said Trenton Director of Public Relations Bill Cook. "Having two of our All-Star alumni, Robinson Cano and David Robertson, return to Trenton will make this a night that Thunder and Yankee fans won't want to miss."
Fans may receive a special ticket rate and support the RC24 and High Socks For Hope Foundations by purchasing their tickets online with Special Offer Code "MVP". With the code, tickets will be just $10 ($2 off) and $3 per ticket will be donated. In addition, two lucky fans who use the Special Offer Code to purchase their ticket will be randomly selected to go on the field for the check presentations. CLICK HERE TO PURCHASE TICKETS NOW
VIP Ticket Packages that include a ticket in a luxury suite, food, refreshments and the opportunity to meet Cano and Robertson are available. MVP Packages that include a ticket in the third base picnic area, buffet and the chance to meet surprise Yankees "old timers" are also available. Fans interested in either of these packages should email, firstname.lastname@example.org, for more information.
NY Yankees second basemen Robinson Cano played for the Trenton Thunder in 2003 and 2004 as he rose through the Yankees minor league system. He also returned to Trenton on an MLB rehabilitation assignment in 2006. Yankees relief pitcher David Robertson pitched for the Thunder as a minor leaguer in 2007 and 2008. This will be the first time in Thunder history that current members of the Yankees will visit Waterfront Park for a game, not counting rehab assignments.
In 2011, Dr. Thomas "Doc" Haveron founded the MVP Foundation (Medicine Via Philanthropy) which raises money for children with serious illnesses, provides scholarships for students to attend medical school and helps other non-profit foundations fulfill their missions. Learn more at http://www.mvpfoundation.net.
The game on July 26 will also include a post-game fireworks show presented by The Bucks County Courier Times and Thirsty Thursday presented by Budweiser with $2 Bud and Bud Lights available until the middle of the 5th inning.
All Trenton Thunder tickets are on sale now at trentonthunder.com .
Eastern League Stories from June 20, 2012
- B-Mets Earn Doubleheader Split, 2-0 & 5-1 - Binghamton Mets
- Squirrels Out-Last Thunder in 12, 7-5 - Trenton Thunder
- Aeros, B-Mets Split Twinbill - Akron Aeros
- Monell Claims Trenton Marathon for Squirrels, 7-5 - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- Cole Leads Curve by Rock Cats in Debut - Altoona Curve
- Hazelbaker Blasts Two Home Runs in 7-3 Loss - Portland Sea Dogs
- Fisher Cats Win Fourth Straight, Beat Phils 4-3 - New Hampshire Fisher Cats
- Senators Snap Three-Game Losing Skid with 7-3 Win over Portland - Harrisburg Senators
- SeaWolves Homer Past Baysox - Bowie Baysox
- Erie SeaWolves vs. Bowie Baysox - Game Notes - Erie SeaWolves
- Aeros Add Pitcher for Twinbill - Akron Aeros
- Sea Dogs Game Notes - Portland Sea Dogs
- Flying Squirrels Game Notes at Trenton - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- Cano & Robertson Coming to Trenton - Trenton Thunder
- B-Mets Game Notes: at Akron Aeros - Binghamton Mets
- Fisher Cats Join Six-Team Effort to "Strike Out Inhalant Abuse" - New Hampshire Fisher Cats
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.