Rapids Midfielder Jamie Smith Removed from DLJune 20, 2012 - Major League Soccer (MLS) Colorado Rapids
Smith, 31, has appeared in 46 regular season matches (starting 37) for the Rapids since joining the team in the middle of the 2009 season, and has four goals and 13 assists in his MLS career. During his recovery, Smith played in two Reserve Team matches for the Rapids, scoring twice in a 3-1 win over Kansas City on June 9, and adding an assist in a 2-2 draw with Houston on May 23.
In another roster move, the Rapids waived Kohei Yamada, Colorado's third round selection in the 2012 MLS Supplemental Draft. The Japanese midfielder, 23, did not play a first team match with the Rapids, and had appeared in six Reserve Team games (starting 3).
"Kohei is a good young player who worked hard in his time with us," said Colorado Rapids Technical Director Paul Bravo. "We wish him all the best as he takes the next step in his career."
The Rapids host the San Jose Earthquakes tonight at 7:30 p.m. at Dick's Sporting Goods Park in Commerce City. For more information on the club, or to purchase tickets, visit www.ColoradoRapids.com or call 303-825-GOAL.
Major League Soccer Stories from June 20, 2012
- Sporting KC Picks up Point with 1-1 Draw at Seattle Sounders FC - Sporting Kansas City
- RSL Signs Gambian International & Former Revolution DF/FW Kenny Mansally - Real Salt Lake
- Impact Clarify Metro Situation - Montreal Impact
- Rapids Midfielder Jamie Smith Removed from DL - Colorado Rapids
- Sporting Kansas City Weekly Update - Sporting Kansas City
- Game Notes: Chivas USA vs. Montreal Impact - Club Deportivo Chivas USA
- Less Than 1000 Tickets Remain for Tonight's Match vs. Toronto FC at BBVA Compass Stadium - Houston Dynamo
- Earthquakes Sign D Jed Zayner - San Jose Earthquakes
- Food Network Star Jamie Deen to Participate in Diabetes Awareness Events - Chicago Fire
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.