Chicago Sky Add Sydney Carter to RosterJune 19, 2012 - Women's National Basketball Association (WNBA) - Chicago Sky
"Sydney made a positive impact during her time with us and I feel her ability to help us on both ends of the floor, especially at the point position will serve us well," said Sky Head Coach and General Manager Pokey Chatman. "She plays at a pace and with an aggressive mindset that will compliment our system and roster."
Carter, a 5-foot 6-inch guard from Texas A&M, was a three-time co-captain for the Aggies, a member of the 2011-12 Big 12 All-Defensive Team and named to the All-Big 12 Second Team. In 2010-2011, she was named the NCAA Dallas Regional Most Outstanding Player en route to Texas A&M winning their first national championship. Carter was also selected for the 2008-09 Big 12 All-Freshman Team.
Chicago (7-2) travels to Minnesota on Saturday to take on the Lynx (10-1). The nationally-televised game on ESPN is scheduled for an 11:30 a.m. CT tip-off.
• Discuss this story on the Women's National Basketball Association message board...
• Digg this story
• Add to Del.icio.us
Women's National Basketball Association Stories from June 19, 2012
- WNBA President Laurel J. Richie's Title IX Op-Ed - WNBA
- Jennifer Lacy and Scholanda Dorrell to Miss 4-6 Weeks With Knee Injuries - Tulsa Shock
- Chicago Sky Add Sydney Carter to Roster - Chicago Sky
- Nominations Sought for Title IX Heroes - Indiana Fever
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.