Elks Fall to Knights 8-2June 18, 2012 - West Coast League (WCL) Bend Elks
The Corvallis Knights jumped to an early lead and never fell behind, as they scored three in the 2nd, two in the 3rd, and one in the 4th to give them a 6-0 lead. Marc Gallegos led the way in those early innings for Corvallis as he went 2-2 with an RBI and scored two runs.
The Elks did manage to get on the board in the bottom of the 6th inning as Kyle Gallegos and Darian Ramage reached first and second with nobody out, Jordan Copeland followed with a sacrifice bunt to move the runners into scoring position, and both would come around to score on a wild pitch where the ball ricocheted off of Knights catcher Mitch Esposito's catchers gear, giving Ramage the time to score all the way from second on the play.
Those proved to be the only bright spots for the Elks, who struck out nine times as a team and seemed to be low on emotion a day after losing a tough one against the Corvallis the night before.
The Elks conclude their series with Corvallis tomorrow in Corvallis, first pitch set for 6:40 p.m. Elks fans can listen to the game by going to www.bendelks.com and clicking the "Listen Live" link on the right side of the page.
West Coast League Stories from June 18, 2012
- Black Bears Lose Ninth Inning Heartbreaker In Wenatchee - Cowlitz Black Bears
- Elks battle Knights, fall in close fought game 4-1 - Bend Elks
- Game Tonight at Goss - Knights Face Bend Elks - Corvallis Knights
- Weekly Sports League and Franchise Report - OSC Original by Dan Krieger
- Sox Look to Close Out Series vs. Cowlitz with Win - Wenatchee AppleSox
- Kelowna Split in Kitsap over Weekend - Kelowna Falcons
- Elks Fall to Knights 8-2 - Bend Elks
- Black Bears Win at Wenatchee 5-3, Return Home Tuesday - Cowlitz Black Bears
- Offensive explosion leads Sweets, 23-2 - Walla Walla Sweets
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.