Sounds Slow Down Storm ChasersJune 17, 2012 - Pacific Coast League (PCL) Omaha Storm Chasers
The Sounds scored an unearned run in the first inning and added a pair in the third, with the aid of only one hit, on a bases loaded walk to Travis Ishikawa and a double play grounder.
After picking up six hits and stranding seven runners through the first five frames, the Storm Chasers finally got on the board in the sixth on a two-out single by Anthony Seratelli that plated Tony Abreu. Nashville starter Wily Peralta walked Derrick Robinson, the next hitter, and was removed from the game in favor of Donovan Hand, who retired Irving Falu on a ground ball to end the threat.
The Sounds got the run back in the home sixth when Andy Gonzalez led off with a long ball against Mike Montgomery, who absorbed the loss after yielding four runs, three earned, on six hits while walking three and recording three strikeouts.
Peralta ended a personal six-game losing streak and earned his first win since beating Omaha on May 1 after giving up eight hits while walking two and fanning six. Hand worked a scoreless 1 1/3 innings and was followed by Vinnie Chulk, who tossed a shutout eighth inning. Jim Henderson set down all three hitters he faced in the ninth, the only time the visitors were retired in order all day, to earn the save.
The Storm Chasers resume play Tuesday night at Werner Park in the opener of a four-game series with left-hander Doug Davis taking the mound against Memphis right-hander Brandon Dickson. Coverage of the game gets underway at 6:45 pm and can be heard locally on 1180 Zone Two, The Deuce and online at omahastormchasers.com.
Pacific Coast League Stories from June 17, 2012
- Round Rock Express Edge Oklahoma City 4-2 - Round Rock Express
- Round Rock Earns Series Split, 4-2 - Oklahoma City RedHawks
- Rainiers Top River Cats, 12-10 - Sacramento River Cats
- Rainiers Come Back To Top River Cats, 12-10 - Tacoma Rainiers
- Padres Snap Skid with Easy Victory - Tucson Padres
- Aces Fall to Tucson, 10-4 - Reno Aces
- Sounds Slow Down Storm Chasers - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Martin Pitches Zephyrs by 'Birds - Memphis Redbirds
- Green Powers Zephyrs to Series Win in Memphis - New Orleans Zephyrs
- Sounds Take Finale from Omaha, 4-1 - Nashville Sounds
- 'Topes Ripped by Rizzo in 3-2 I-Cubs Win - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Long Ball Leads Cubs to Victory - Iowa Cubs
- RedHawks Game Notes - Oklahoma City RedHawks
- Round Rock Express - Game Notes vs. Oklahoma City RedHawks - Round Rock Express
- River Cats Defeated by Rainiers, 11-5 - Sacramento River Cats
- Rainiers Rally Past Sacramento, 11-5 - Tacoma Rainiers
- Padres Still Ice Cold, Drop 10th Straight - Tucson Padres
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.