Bees Lose 6-3 in BeloitJune 15, 2012 - Midwest League (MWL) Burlington Bees
The Bees actually spotted Seth Frankoff a one-run lead after Eliezer Mesa hit a one-out double down the left field line to start a bumpy inning for David Hurlbut.
The Bees were patient at the plate in the first inning and walked three times in a row. Bobby Crocker's walk came with the bases loaded and scored Eliezer Mesa. Unfortunately the Bees left the bases loaded and left the top of the first leading 1-to-0.
But Seth Frankoff also struggled with his command and routinely fell behind hitters. The Snappers didn't have many hard line drives, but they had plenty of hits find holes and built a 2-to-1 lead after the first.
Frankoff's start got worse before it got better and he struggled to miss bats in the second inning. Three batters reached and scored before the Bees recorded an out.
However Frankoff still couldn't evade the Snappers' offense and Drew Leachman hit a triple to right field that dropped just passed Crocker's outstretched arms. Leachman eventually scored on an RBI single by Matt Koch. The Bees trailed 6-to-1 after two innings.
The tried to inch back with the long ball in the top of the third. With one out B.A. Vollmuth hit a screaming line drive over the left field wall. Vollmuth's seventh home run put him in a tie with Douglas Landaeta for the most homers on the team. A batter later Rashun Dixon lifted a high fly ball that just dropped over the left field wall for his fourth homer of the season. The Bees trailed 6-to-3 after three innings.
But the Bees couldn't come back and win despite Frankoff and Jonathan Joseph combining for seven scoreless innings after the second. Frankoff (1-5) received his fifth loss after pitching five innings and allowing ten hits, six earned runs, and four walks. The all-star right-hander also fanned three in the loss.
The Bees try to win game two at 7 p.m. on Saturday night. For information on Bees baseball and promotions, call (319) 754-5705 or visit www.gobees.com.
Midwest League Stories from June 15, 2012
- Kernels shut out Kane County, 6-0 - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Bees Lose 6-3 in Beloit - Burlington Bees
- River Bandits Rally, Walk off Again to Down Wisconsin - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Bowling Green Escapes with 1-0 Win in Extras - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Great Lakes Holds for 7-6 Win - Great Lakes Loons
- Belza, Inciarte Club Homers in 8-4 Win - South Bend Silver Hawks
- Pitching Delivers the Win - Beloit Snappers
- Chiefs Win 6-4 Friday Night - Peoria Chiefs
- Despite Patterson homers, Loons hold off Lugs, 7-6 - Lansing Lugnuts
- Cougars Smoked by Kernels - Kane County Cougars
- Dragons earn 9-3 victory - Dayton Dragons
- Dragons Scorch Captains 9-3 - Lake County Captains
- Hernandez Promoted - Lansing Lugnuts
- Llanos Returns to Cougars - Kane County Cougars
- Back-To-Back Fireworks Nights at Classic Park - Lake County Captains
- Dragons Gameday for June 15 - Dayton Dragons
- Hot Rods Homestand Notes for June 15 - June 17 - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Montilla Delivers in Extras, Hawks Prevail - South Bend Silver Hawks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.