Evan Longoria to Join Bulls on the RoadJune 15, 2012 - International League (IL) Rochester Red Wings
Longoria has been on the Major League disabled list since May 1st with a partially torn left hamstring. The 3-time All Star played in 38 games for the Bulls between the 2007 and 2008 seasons, hitting .256 (33-for-129) with 5 HR and 20 RBI for the club. Longoria, the 3rd overall pick in the 2006 June Draft, played in just 23 games for the Rays before suffering the hamstring injury. He was hitting .329 (27-for-97) with 4 HR and 19 RBI when he landed on the DL.
Keppinger will join his infield-mate on a rehab assignment with the Bulls. After splitting 2011 between Houston and San Francisco, Keppinger signed as a free agent with Tampa Bay this offseason. The 32 year old veteran has been on the ML disabled list since May 19th with a broken right big toe. Keppinger was batting .295 (26-for-94) in 29 games with 2 HR and 8 RBI before the injury. He last appeared in the International League as a member of the Louisville Bats in 2008, playing six games for the club and going 11-for-22 with a HR and 2 RBI.
Durham Bulls road games can be heard live on 620 The Buzz or online at durhambulls.com. The Bulls return home to the DBAP on Friday, June 22 for an eight game homestand featuring visits from the Buffalo Bisons and Syracuse Chiefs. Tickets for all Bulls regular season home games and the 2012 Gildan Triple-A National Championship Game are on sale now at durhambulls.com, by phone at 919.956.BULL, or in person at the DBAP ticket office.
International League Stories from June 15, 2012
- Gwinnett Sweeps Columbus in Doubleheader, 4-0 and 8-3 - Gwinnett Braves
- Toledo edges Norfolk - Norfolk Tides
- Knights Knock out Tribe 6-1 - Indianapolis Indians
- Ciriaco Helps Lead PawSox to Victory - Pawtucket Red Sox
- Knights Blast Indians with 14 Hits in 6-1 Win on Friday - Charlotte Knights
- Chiefs Lose Late against Yankees - Syracuse Chiefs
- Yankees Overcome Deficit to Down Chiefs 5-4 - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre Yankees
- Evan Longoria to Join Bulls on the Road - Rochester Red Wings
- Bisons Notes - Pawtucket at Buffalo (7:05 P.M.) - Buffalo Bisons
- Mets' INF Ronny Cedeno Joins Bisons on MLB Injury Rehab - Buffalo Bisons
- IronPigs Game Notes - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Rochester Red Wings Game Notes - Friday, June 15 at Louisville (Reds) - Rochester Red Wings
- Evan Longoria to Join Bulls on the Road - Durham Bulls
- Gwinnett Braves Announce "All-Star Weekend" - Gwinnett Braves
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.