Rattlers sweep Clinton with 9-1 winJune 14, 2012 - Midwest League (MWL) Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
Wisconsin (44-23) scored first with a pair of runs in the first inning. Cameron Garfield drove in the first run with a double. A couple of pitches later, Nick Ramirez came home from third on a passed ball to put the Rattlers up 2-0.
Macias continued his hot hitting with a double to lead off the third inning. In thirteen games this month, Macias has 19 hits in 52 at bats. Max Walla drove him home with a single and took second on the throw home. Speaking of hot hitting, McMahan extended his current hitting streak to seven games with an RBI single to send Walla home for a 4-0 advantage.
The Rattlers would tack on four more runs with a two out rally in the fourth inning with Macias, Walla, & McMahan all figuring into the outburst. Macias drove in John Dishon with a two-out RBI double. Walla drew a walk and a single by McMahan loaded the bases to chase Clinton starter Ambioris Hidalgo from the game.
One of the first pitches from reliever Josh Corrales to Ramirez went to the backstop to let Macias score Wisconsin's sixth run of the game. A couple of pitches later, Ramirez singled to center to chase both Walla and McMahan home for an 8-0 lead.
Gagnon cruised through five innings. He allowed three hits, walked three, and struck out three. The right-hander out of Long Beach State University allowed just one runner to reach third base. Gagnon would eventually pick up his sixth win of the season to move his record to 6-1.
Kevin Shackelford took the mound for the bottom of the sixth inning. He would allow one run in the seventh on an RBI grounder by Mario Yepez, but the offense got that run back when McMahan's third single of the game knocked in Carlos George in the top of the eighth. Shackelford would earn his first professional save by tossing the final four innings of the game.
Wisconsin closed out their first half series against Clinton at 8-1, including a 6-0 mark at Ashford University Field.
The Timber Rattlers begin their final series of the first half on Friday night at Modern Woodmen Park in Davenport, Iowa with game one of a three game set against the Quad Cities River Bandits. Chad Thompson (2-1, 5.55) is the scheduled starting pitcher for the Timber Rattlers. Quad Cities counters with Hector Hernandez (4-4, 4.20) to take the hill. Game time is 7:00pm. Tune in for the broadcast on AM1280, WNAM or timberrattlers.com starting with the Miller Lite Pregame Show at 6:40pm.
Midwest League Stories from June 14, 2012
- Kernels shut out Burlington, 8-0 - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- LumberKings Swept at Home by Timber Rattlers - Clinton LumberKings
- Quad Cities Takes Rubber Match with Kane County, 4-3 - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Bees Can't Get Sweep, Lose 8-0 to Kernels - Burlington Bees
- Rattlers sweep Clinton with 9-1 win - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Hawks Humble Captains 9-7 - Lake County Captains
- Snappers Are Playoff Bound - Beloit Snappers
- Wild Win for Loons - Great Lakes Loons
- Goeddel Drives in Run in Loss to Whitecaps - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Chiefs Fall 5-3, Eliminated from Playoff Race - Peoria Chiefs
- Cougars out of First Half Playoff Contention - Kane County Cougars
- Lugnuts earn come-from-behind 5-4 victory - Lansing Lugnuts
- Loons Edge Dragons with 9th Inning Run - Dayton Dragons
- TinCaps Drop Rubber Game, 5-4 - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Castillo Goes to DL, Rodriguez to All-Star Game - MWL
- Bob Dylan to Perform at Parkview Field August 24, 2012 - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Dragons Gameday for June 14 - Dayton Dragons
- Bees Clobber Kernels, 14-9 - Burlington Bees
- 6/14 - Purdue Coach, Schreiber, to Throw out First Pitch (Release Attached) - South Bend Silver Hawks
- Gary Mitchell activated from DL; Jairo Diaz placed on DL - Cedar Rapids Kernels
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.