Boomers Rally to Beat RiverHawks 3-2June 14, 2012 - Frontier League (FL) Rockford RiverHawks
Frank Pfister and Jereme Milons began the eighth with back-to-back singles off Mickey Cassidy. Joey Gradney relieved Cassidy with one out and walked Nick Kuroczko on four pitches to load the bases. Sean Mahley singled to right field off Gradney (0-1) to drive in the tying runs. Ty Nelson singled Kuroczko home to give the Boomers their only lead of the night.
Rockford had led, 2-0, since the first inning, when it scored on a two-out RBI double by Matt Greener and an error by Schaumburg shortstop Gerard Hall. Schaumburg starter Shane Prance, in his pro debut, scattered three hits over 6 2/3 innings in a no-decision. Rockford didn't have a hit after the second inning. Prance and relievers Eric Holmes and Pat Mincey, retired the last eight batters of the game in order. Mincey (1-0) struck out all four batters he faced. He came on to face Javier Herrera with two outs in the eighth. After Herrera went ahead, 3-0, Mincey threw 12 straight strikes to finish the game.
Rockford starter Jordan Liette pitched 5 1/3 innings of scoreless, four-hit ball in his pro debut, but got a no-decision.
The series continues at 6:30 p.m. Friday.
The RiverHawks are home at 6:05 p.m. Sunday to play Gateway. Kids 12 and under get in for $2 on YMCA Family Night. Following the game, kids get to run the bases and the RiverHawks will sign autographs.
Frontier League Stories from June 14, 2012
- Miners Win in Extras at Windy City - Southern Illinois Miners
- ThunderBolts fall to Miners - Windy City ThunderBolts
- Rascals Fall from First as Comeback Falls Short - River City Rascals
- Slammers Hold Steady for One-Run Victory - Joliet Slammers
- Freedom Continue to Win, Beat Washington in Series Opener - Florence Freedom
- Grizzlies Rally to Defeat CornBelters in Normal - Gateway Grizzlies
- Boomers Rally to Beat RiverHawks 3-2 - Rockford RiverHawks
- Otters Lose 3-1 Tonight against London - Evansville Otters
- Crushers drop first place Beach Bums - Lake Erie Crushers
- Boomers Rally to Take Series Opener - Schaumburg Boomers
- CornBelters lose a heartbreaker - Normal CornBelters
- Boomers rally to beat RiverHawks, 3-2 - Rockford RiverHawks
- Crushers Take Series Opener - Traverse City Beach Bums
- Richmond Helps Rippers Snap Losing Streak - London Rippers
- June 14 Joliet Slammers Game Notes - Joliet Slammers
- RiverHawks Stadium to Host High School Showcase Friday - Rockford RiverHawks
- Rascals Home Stand Packed with Entertainment - River City Rascals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.