'Wolves Clobber Sens in Game TwoJune 13, 2012 - Eastern League (EL) Erie SeaWolves
The SeaWolves jumped ahead on Senators starter Mike Ballard in the top of the first inning. Jamie Johnson and Niuman Romero drew back-to-back walks. With one out, Jordan Lennerton singled home Johnson for a 1-0 lead. Rawley Bishop followed with a three-run home run to left, making it 4-0 Erie.
Harrisburg responded in the bottom of the first. Jeff Kobernus led off and belted his first home run of the season off of starter Patrick Cooper making it 4-1.
The Erie offense would not be denied as they would knock the Senators starter out of the game in the second. Michael Rockett led off with a single and was tripled home by Luis Sanz. For Sanz, it was his first Double-A hit and RBI. Sans scored on Jamie Johnson double down the left field line for a 6-1 edge. The hit for Johnson extended his hitting streak to 15 straight. He has also reached base in 24 straight games. Romero singled home Johnson and would eventually score on a double play ball for an 8-1 lead.
Harrisburg would get another run in the second on a Jimmy Von Ostrand home run but would get no closer. Cooper worked two more scoreless frames before giving way to Jared Gayhart.
Gayhart (1-0) tossed his best performance of the season as he worked three scoreless innings with a season-high eight strikeouts. He earned the win, his first decision of the season.
The SeaWolves and Senators play the rubber game of the series on Thursday night.7:00 First Pitch. RHP James Avery (6-5, 3.71 ERA) takes the mound for Erie against RHP Kevin Pucetas (4-1, 1.26 ERA).
Eastern League Stories from June 13, 2012
- 'Wolves Clobber Sens in Game Two - Erie SeaWolves
- Squirrels Win See-Saw Battle, 6-5 - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- Goins Double Not Enough in 6-5 Loss at Richmond - New Hampshire Fisher Cats
- 'Sox Stymie Sea Dogs in 7-0 Shutout - Portland Sea Dogs
- Baysox Give Sea Dogs Hart Attack - Bowie Baysox
- B-Mets Swept Away by R-Phils, 3-1 & 1-0 - Binghamton Mets
- Thunder Sweep Twin Bill from Altoona, 10-2 and 2-0 - Trenton Thunder
- Aeros Split Twinbill with Rock Cats - Akron Aeros
- Curve Thunderstruck in Doubleheader Sweep - Altoona Curve
- Rock Cats Split Doubleheader - New Britain Rock Cats
- 'Wolves Fail to Hold Leads in Game One - Erie SeaWolves
- Fisher Cats and Fisher Cats Foundation Donate More Than $5,000 to Campaign for The Mom's Place - New Hampshire Fisher Cats
- Sea Dogs Game Notes - Portland Sea Dogs
- Flying Squirrels Game Notes vs. New Hampshire - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- Baseballtown Virtual Tour Unveiled - Reading Fightin Phils
- B-Mets Game Notes: vs Reading Phillies (Doubleheader) - Binghamton Mets
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.