Thunder Sweep Twin Bill from Altoona, 10-2 and 2-0June 13, 2012 - Eastern League (EL) Trenton Thunder
The lefty Nuño allowed three hits while walking one and striking out four. He has allowed only one earned run in 27.1 innings pitched this season, an ERA of 0.33. Perez retired all five he faced to finish the Thunder's fourth shutout of the season.
In game one Trenton snapped a 1-1 fifth inning tie when Mujica clubbed a two-run shot to right field against Altoona starter Phil Irwin (0-4). Gil hit a three-run bomb in the sixth off of reliever Logan Kensing, part of a six-run rally in which ten batters came to the plate. Zoilo Almonte connected on a three-run double to cap the frame.
Mikey O'Brien (4-1) won for the fourth time in six starts with the Thunder in game one after allowing two runs in five innings. Gil went 3-for-3 with a walk, four RBIs and two runs to pace the 12-hit attack.
In game two Cody Johnson broke out from a slump by singling home Zoilo Almonte with the game's first run in the fourth, a one-out hit to left against Curve starter Tim Alderson (3-3). Abraham Almonte tripled to lead off the sixth and scored when Jose Pirela singled him home, making the score 2-0.
The Thunder and Curve conclude the three-game on Thursday night with first pitch slated for 7:00 pm. Right-hander Adam Miller (0-1, 4.05) will start for Trenton while lefty Nathan Baker (3-6, 5.18) will pitch for Altoona. Radio coverage on 91.3 FM (WTSR) and also streaming online begins at 6:45 pm.
Eastern League Stories from June 13, 2012
- 'Wolves Clobber Sens in Game Two - Erie SeaWolves
- Squirrels Win See-Saw Battle, 6-5 - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- Goins Double Not Enough in 6-5 Loss at Richmond - New Hampshire Fisher Cats
- 'Sox Stymie Sea Dogs in 7-0 Shutout - Portland Sea Dogs
- Baysox Give Sea Dogs Hart Attack - Bowie Baysox
- B-Mets Swept Away by R-Phils, 3-1 & 1-0 - Binghamton Mets
- Thunder Sweep Twin Bill from Altoona, 10-2 and 2-0 - Trenton Thunder
- Aeros Split Twinbill with Rock Cats - Akron Aeros
- Curve Thunderstruck in Doubleheader Sweep - Altoona Curve
- Rock Cats Split Doubleheader - New Britain Rock Cats
- 'Wolves Fail to Hold Leads in Game One - Erie SeaWolves
- Fisher Cats and Fisher Cats Foundation Donate More Than $5,000 to Campaign for The Mom's Place - New Hampshire Fisher Cats
- Sea Dogs Game Notes - Portland Sea Dogs
- Flying Squirrels Game Notes vs. New Hampshire - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- Baseballtown Virtual Tour Unveiled - Reading Fightin Phils
- B-Mets Game Notes: vs Reading Phillies (Doubleheader) - Binghamton Mets
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.