Baseballtown Virtual Tour UnveiledJune 13, 2012 - Eastern League (EL) Reading Fightin Phils
"When we were presented this opportunity with John Secoges and Secoges Photographics, it was really a can't-miss opportunity for our team," said R-Phils General Manager Scott Hunsicker. "FirstEnergy Stadium is one-of-a-kind and with last season's renovations and addition of VIST Financial Plaza, fans across the globe can visit Baseballtown any time they like."
Through the online tour, fans can take a virtual tour through FirstEnergy Stadium and check out both stadium favorites and behind-the-scenes locations such as the Reading Phillies dugout and clubhouse. The tour takes an immersive high-definition look at America's Classic Ballpark and also features the newly-added stadium renovations.
Also displayed in the online tour is the Baseballtown Living History Museum. The museum stretches throughout the stadium concourse and highlights the 46-year affiliation of the Reading Phillies with the Philadelphia Phillies as well as the days when the Reading Indians and Reading Red Sox played at the ballpark.
Built in 1951, FirstEnergy Stadium is the oldest ballpark in the Eastern league and has been home to the Reading Phillies since 1967. Throughout its history, the stadium has undergone numerous renovations and additions that have moved America's Classic Ballpark into the modern era of minor league baseball.
Secoges Photographics is a Reading, Pa. area based studio that specializes in wedding, portrait, and children's photography. They have served the Berks County area and beyond for over 25 years. The studio has recently added virtual photography to their services that includes 360-degree tours, low level aerial photography, and traditional aerial photography of properties. For more information on the company, please visit www.secogesphoto360.com .
There are only 28 days remaining until the Baseballtown All-Star Classic and tickets for that and all regular season home games can be purchased online at www.RPhils.com, by phone at 610-370-BALL, and in person at the R-Phils Ticket Office at FirstEnergy Stadium. The 2012 season featuring the Baseballtown All-Star Classic at America's Classic Ballpark is presented by Pepsi.
Eastern League Stories from June 13, 2012
- 'Wolves Clobber Sens in Game Two - Erie SeaWolves
- Squirrels Win See-Saw Battle, 6-5 - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- Goins Double Not Enough in 6-5 Loss at Richmond - New Hampshire Fisher Cats
- 'Sox Stymie Sea Dogs in 7-0 Shutout - Portland Sea Dogs
- Baysox Give Sea Dogs Hart Attack - Bowie Baysox
- B-Mets Swept Away by R-Phils, 3-1 & 1-0 - Binghamton Mets
- Thunder Sweep Twin Bill from Altoona, 10-2 and 2-0 - Trenton Thunder
- Aeros Split Twinbill with Rock Cats - Akron Aeros
- Curve Thunderstruck in Doubleheader Sweep - Altoona Curve
- Rock Cats Split Doubleheader - New Britain Rock Cats
- 'Wolves Fail to Hold Leads in Game One - Erie SeaWolves
- Fisher Cats and Fisher Cats Foundation Donate More Than $5,000 to Campaign for The Mom's Place - New Hampshire Fisher Cats
- Sea Dogs Game Notes - Portland Sea Dogs
- Flying Squirrels Game Notes vs. New Hampshire - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- Baseballtown Virtual Tour Unveiled - Reading Fightin Phils
- B-Mets Game Notes: vs Reading Phillies (Doubleheader) - Binghamton Mets
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.