Checkers, Microsoft Award Two Schools with $5,000 Technology UpgradesJune 11, 2012 - American Hockey League (AHL) Charlotte Checkers
The winning schools, Endhaven Elementary and Cornelius Elementary, were determined by a vote on the Checkers' Facebook fan page. Twenty-four schools, which were chosen from nominations based on the need for a technology upgrade, competed for the top prizes and more than 12,000 votes were cast over 14 days.
The products and software from Microsoft will include Kinect for Windows, Xbox 360 with Kinect, Visual Studio Pro, Windows 7, Office and more. For information on how Microsoft products and services support education, visit www.microsoft.com/education.
The Charlotte Checkers Charitable Foundation (CCCF) is a registered 501C3 that supports community programs which positively impact the lives of children, families and other deserving groups in the Charlotte area. Since 2006, the Checkers and CCCF have donated more than $2.3 million to the Charlotte community. For more information on this and the Checkers' many community initiatives, please visit www.gocheckers.com.
American Hockey League Stories from June 11, 2012
- Admirals Victory Celebration and St. Baldrick's Beard Shaving to Take Place Wednesday - Norfolk Admirals
- Crunch Announce Six Guaranteed Home Dates for the 2012-13 Season - Syracuse Crunch
- Phantoms Achieve 300 Community Appearances Milestone - Adirondack Phantoms
- Mactavish Leaves Canucks Organization - Chicago Wolves
- Checkers, Microsoft Award Two Schools with $5,000 Technology Upgrades - Charlotte Checkers
- Falcons Release Six Guaranteed Dates for 2012-2013 Season - Springfield Falcons
- Six Big Home Dates Announced - Adirondack Phantoms
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.