Dash Victorious with Three Homers off AdamJune 9, 2012 - Carolina League (CarL) Wilmington Blue Rocks
The Rocks held a 2-1 lead in the fourth inning. The Dash came to hit in the fourth as Cyle Hankerd reached on a single to start the frame. Then Mike Blanke rolled a slow one to third that Cheslor Cuthbert had to field and fire on the run. He fielded cleanly but threw wide of Jake Kuebler at first, allowing both runners to move up a bag. After a strikeout of Juan Silverio, Adam's first pitch fastball was deposited into the right field seats by Daniel Wagner for a three-run dinger and a 4-2 Dash lead.
Adam was clipped again in the sixth. Hankerd, who took him deep in the second inning, tattooed a leadoff homer onto the concrete walkway in left field for a solo shot which extended the Winston-Salem lead to 5-2.
The Dash tacked on two runs in the seventh with two outs against Nick Graffeo. Brady Shoemaker worked a walk. Dan Black then smacked a single into right that was overrun by Roman Hernandez. Shoemaker scored from first and Black made his way to third. A base hit from Trayce Thompson made the advantage 7-2.
Adam (1-9) went six innings and took his eighth loss in eight decisions. He allowed eight hits and surrendered four runs.
Justin Collop (6-1) started for the Dash and after yielding two runs in the first three innings, settled in nicely to throw shutout baseball after that into the seventh inning. He went 6.2 innings and scattered seven hits.
The Rocks finish out this four-game set with the Winston-Salem Dash on Sunday night starting at 5 p.m. Wilmington righty Sugar Ray Marimon (4-0, 1.95) faces off against Dash lefty Spencer Arroyo (5-1, 4.58). Broadcast coverage begins at 6:30 p.m. as studio host Rob Cunningham brings fans the Rocks Report Pre-game Show, presented by Wawa, on 89.7 WGLS-FM and online at wgls.rowan.edu.
Carolina League Stories from June 9, 2012
- Barnes Shines, Shaw Goes Yard Twice in Split - Salem Red Sox
- Dash Victorious with Three Homers off Adam - Wilmington Blue Rocks
- Garcia and Tepech Highlight Myrtle Beach Sweep - Myrtle Beach Pelicans
- Marrero Homers in Twin Bill Split with Salem - Potomac Nationals
- Pelicans Sweep Mudcats in Twin Bill - Carolina Mudcats
- Winston Whacks Its Way to Win - Winston-Salem Dash
- Lynchburg Returns the Favor - Frederick Keys
- Wacky Ending and Northcaft's Dominace Pace 'Cats in Doubleheader Sweep - Lynchburg Hillcats
- Lynchburg Hillcats Game Notes (Doubleheader) - Lynchburg Hillcats
- Mudcats Game Notes - June 9, 2012 - Carolina Mudcats
- Blue Rocks Game Notes - Wilmington Blue Rocks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.