Nationals Activate Goalie Brent HerbstJune 9, 2012 - Major League Lacrosse (MLL) Hamilton Nationals
With Scott Rodgers missing the game due to an illness, Herbst was inserted into the lineup to backup Brett Queener. He will wear No. 57.
Herbst started the season with the Long Island Lizards, who drafted him out of Siena College in 2010. As a senior, he finished fourth in the country in save percentage (.594) and was named the MAAC Defensive Player of the Year.
The Plainview, NY native was a two-time All-American, earning honorable mention status in 2009 and 2010, and a four-time all-conference selection.
In 2009, he received the third of three straight Second Team All-MAAC honors, to go along with MAAC Tournament Most Outstanding Player accolades. In the tournament, he recorded a 3.06 goals-against average and a .786 save percentage. As a junior, he finished second in the NCAA in goals-against average (6.34) and fourth in save percentage (.617).
In 2008, the Second Team All-MAAC led the nation in goals-against average (6.07) and was second in the nation in save percentage (.640). In his freshman campaign, he boasted an 8-4 record and led the conference with a 7.86 goals against average. He also earned All-MAAC Second Team honors and MAAC Co-Rookie of the Year accolades.
Major League Lacrosse Stories from June 9, 2012
- Boston Cannons Lose 13-10 to Surging Long Island Lizards - Boston Cannons
- Hounds Suffer Third Straight Loss, 15-7 to BayHawks - Charlotte Hounds
- Westervelt's Four Goals Lead BayHawks to 15-7 Rout - Chesapeake Bayhawks
- Nationals Win Second Straight, 17-8 - Hamilton Nationals
- Nationals Win Second Straight - Hamilton Nationals
- Nationals Activate Goalie Brent Herbst - Hamilton Nationals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.