Four Silver Hawks Named to Eastern Division All-Star RosterJune 4, 2012 - Midwest League (MWL) South Bend Silver Hawks
Second baseman Gerson Montilla was named a starter on the Eastern Division squad, while Matt Helm was selected as a reserve infielder. Right-handed pitchers Archie Bradley and Kable Hogben also made the roster. All-Stars were nominated and selected by the Field Managers of the Midwest League.
Montilla, 22, is hitting .265 with four home runs and a team-leading 35 RBIs in his second season with the Silver Hawks. Montilla's 18 doubles are also a team-best. Montilla hit .234 in 66 games for the Silver Hawks in 2011.
Joining Montilla is Helm, 21, who receives all-star honors for a second straight season. In his third season with the Silver Hawks, Helm has started all 58 games, hitting .281 with two home runs and 30 RBIs. The third baseman is the only Midwest League player to have started all of his team's games this season.
Bradley, 19, has won a team-high six games for the Silver Hawks, pitching in his first full season professionally.
Bradley was especially effective in April, going 3-1 with the top ERA (2.08) among Hawks starters. Bradley's .156 opponents batting average is the top clip among qualifying Silver Hawks starters. Hogben, 21, is currently 2-2 with a 2.45 earned run average. The right-hander has only allowed runs in four of his 18 appearances this season. Opponents are hitting just .218 against Hogben, who is in his second season with the Silver Hawks. In 2011, Hogben posted a 2.84 ERA in 20 relief appearances.
The Bowling Green Hot Rods lead all teams with eight All-Stars. The Lansing Lugnuts, Wisconsin Timber Rattlers and Beloit Snappers all had seven all-star selections.
The Eastern Division All-Stars will be coached by the Lansing Lugnuts staff, led by Manager John Tamargo Jr. The Western Division All-Stars will be skippered by the Kane County Cougars and Brian Buchanan.
The Silver Hawks are off Tuesday before beginning a three-game series Wednesday with the Great Lakes Loons at Coveleski Stadium. Left-hander John Pedrotty (2-3, 5.58) starts for South Bend and he will be opposed by right-hander Gustavo Gomez (4-5, 5.12).
Tickets are available for purchase by calling 235-9988 or online at www.silverhawks.com.
Midwest League Stories from June 4, 2012
- Snappers Snake Bitten - Beloit Snappers
- LumberKings Collect 14 Hits in 9-3 Drubbing - Clinton LumberKings
- Loons Swept in Whitecaps Undertow - Great Lakes Loons
- Rattlers rally, then hold on, to beat Beloit - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Captains Defeat TinCaps in 13 - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Hankins Walks off Captains in 13 Innings - Lake County Captains
- Hald Goes the Distance in 6-2 Win over Burlington - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Dragons Top Hot Rods, Win Second Straight Series - Dayton Dragons
- Brett Stays Red Hot But Hot Rods Drop Series - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Chiefs Shutout Cougars 2-0 in Series Finale - Peoria Chiefs
- Chiefs Take Series with Shutout - Kane County Cougars
- Local Sculptor Dedicates Sculpture to Discovery Museum & Educators - Great Lakes Loons
- Four Silver Hawks Named to Eastern Division All-Star Roster - South Bend Silver Hawks
- Franchise-Record Eight Players Named to Midwest League - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Stayton Thomas Received from Hudson Valley - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Three Cougars Selected for Midwest League All-Star Game - Kane County Cougars
- LumberKings Announce "LumberStock 2012" - Clinton LumberKings
- LumberKings Send Austin, Shipers and Griffin to All-Star Game - Clinton LumberKings
- Captains to Send Three Players to the Midwest League All Star Game - Lake County Captains
- Four River Bandits Among Western Division All-Stars - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Dragons Ryan Wright to Play in All-Star Game - Dayton Dragons
- Jamieson, Granier, & Frankoff Named to All-Star Team - Burlington Bees
- Seven Lugnuts Named MWL All-Stars - Lansing Lugnuts
- Chiefs Place Four on MWL All-Star Team - Peoria Chiefs
- Seven Timber Rattlers Named to the West Division Team for MWL All-Star Game - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Kernels Put Three on MWL All-Star Team - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- May Scholar Athletes Awarded - Great Lakes Loons
- Dayton Dragons Homestand Preview - Dayton Dragons
- Bees' Pen Is Mightier Than Bandits', 3-1 - Burlington Bees
- Silver Hawks Thwarted by Stingy Lugnuts - South Bend Silver Hawks
- Lugs trim magic number to 1 with 1-0 win - Lansing Lugnuts
- Whitecaps Offer Free Parking this Saturday - West Michigan Whitecaps
- Timber Rattlers Present "Mutts on the Mound" Day on Sunday, June 10 - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Dragons Gameday for June 4 - Dayton Dragons
- MBF Launches Dodgers Dream Vacation Raffle - Great Lakes Loons
- 2B Jon Berti on 7-day DL - Lansing Lugnuts
- Indians Catcher Carlos Santana to Rehab with Captains Today - Lake County Captains
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.