Manatees Top Marauders 4-1 to Sweep Twin BillJune 2, 2012 - Florida State League (FSL) Brevard County Manatees
Manatees (23-31) starting pitcher Brooks Hall (1-2, 4.40) allowed just one run on four hits in 5 2/3 innings of work against the Marauders (24-31), to earn his first win of the season. Eric Marzec threw 1 1/3 innings of perfect relief to earn his first save of the season.
Brevard scored one run in each of the first four innings as T.J. Mittelstaedt, Joey Paciorek, Mike Walker and Scott Krieger all drove in runs for the Manatees. Krieger and Cody Hawn had two hits each in the second game and were both 3-for-5 overall for the doubleheader.
The Manatees and Marauders will play the third game of their four-game set on Sunday evening at 5:05 p.m. as two newly-named Florida State League All-Stars will face off against each other on the mound.
Jimmy Nelson will toe the rubber for Brevard County and will look to improve to 3-1 at Space Coast Stadium. Nelson now leads the Florida State League in earned run average and has a 1.55 ERA in his last four starts.
Taking the hill for Bradenton will be the number one overall pick of the 2011 draft, Gerrit Cole. Cole is 4-0 with a 1.32 ERA in his last six starts.
Florida State League Stories from June 2, 2012
- Manatees Top Marauders 4-1 to Sweep Twin Bill - Brevard County Manatees
- 'Tees Hold on to Take First Game of Double Dip - Brevard County Manatees
- Stone Crabs, Blue Jays Split Doubleheader - Charlotte Stone Crabs
- Offense Propels Cubs to Another Big Win over Miracle - Fort Myers Miracle
- Yelich to Disabled List - Jupiter Hammerheads
- Teacher Appreciation Night with the T-Yanks June 9th - Tampa Yankees
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.