Rainiers Roughed Up At Reno, 13-5May 30, 2012 - Pacific Coast League (PCL) Tacoma Rainiers
Tacoma held a 3-2 lead over Reno before surrendering an insurmountable five runs in the bottom of the fourth inning. Outfielder Adam Eaton drove in Taylor Harbin from third for the game-tying run with a single that scored. Cole Gillespie hit a two-run single two batters later, and Ryan Wheeler plated two more with a sacrifice fly that put Reno up 7-2.
The Rainiers trailed 2-0 after two innings before battling back to take the lead with three runs over the third and fourth. Luis Rodriguez hit an RBI-double with one out in the third, and Trayvon Robinson tallied two more a two-run double in the fourth.
Trayvon Robinson's 3-for-5 performance led a Rainiers lineup that combined to collect 10 hits on Wednesday. Robinson has hit safely in each of his last six games - including four multi-hit outings - and has produced seven RBI over that span.
Starter Anthony Vasquez (5-3) was dealt the loss after surrendering nine runs on a season-high 13 hits over 4.1 innings. Relievers Sean Henn and Chance Ruffin combined to allow four runs on six hits over 3.2 innings out of the bullpen.
The Rainiers (23-30) take the field for the third game of the club's four-game series at Reno tomorrow, May 31. Right-hander Jeff Marquez (4-4, 6.52) is scheduled to start for Tacoma against Aces left-hander Patrick Corbin (0-1, 7.20). First pitch is scheduled for 7:05 p.m.
Every Rainiers game can be heard live on South Sound Sports 850-AM and is available to be streamed online at www.tacomarainiers.com.
To purchase season tickets, group packages or party decks for the 2012 season, call (253) 752-7707 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Up-to-date news and notes throughout the season can be found at www.tacomarainiers.com and by following the Rainiers on Twitter (@RainiersLand) or liking the team on Facebook.
Pacific Coast League Stories from May 30, 2012
- Bass, RedHawks Stymie Sounds, 7-2 - Oklahoma City RedHawks
- Redbirds Rally by Round Rock - Memphis Redbirds
- Isotopes Blank Zephyrs 4-0 - New Orleans Zephyrs
- Round Rock Express Clipped at Memphis 4-3 - Round Rock Express
- Sounds' Struggles against RedHawks Continue with 7-2 Loss - Nashville Sounds
- Hand Takes No-Hitter into Eighth - New Orleans Zephyrs
- Fife Flummoxes Z's in 4-0 'Topes Win - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Reno Cruises to 13-5 Win over Tacoma - Reno Aces
- Rainiers Roughed Up At Reno, 13-5 - Tacoma Rainiers
- Banwart Leads Sacramento over Fresno - Fresno Grizzlies
- Wednesday's Chasers and I-Cubs Game Postponed - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Iowa Cubs Rained out in Omaha - Iowa Cubs
- River Cats Win Second-Straight against Grizzlies, 3-1 - Sacramento River Cats
- Cubs Add RHP Shane Lindsay - Iowa Cubs
- Round Rock Express - Game Notes at Memphis Redbirds - Round Rock Express
- RedHawks Game Notes - Oklahoma City RedHawks
- Oswalt Scheduled to Start for Express Saturday - Round Rock Express
- Chasers and Budweiser of Omaha Team up for Children of Fallen and Disabled Soldiers - Omaha Storm Chasers
- RedHawks Win Rain-Shortened Game, 2-0 - Oklahoma City RedHawks
- Padres' Rally Catches Las Vegas in Sixth - Tucson Padres
- Aces Take Opener over Tacoma, 7-5 - Reno Aces
- Tacoma Taken Down By Reno, 7-5 - Tacoma Rainiers
- Hicks' Walk-Off Home Run Lifts River Cats Past Grizzlies, 4-2 - Sacramento River Cats
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.