Chasers and Budweiser of Omaha Team up for Children of Fallen and Disabled SoldiersMay 30, 2012 - Pacific Coast League (PCL) Omaha Storm Chasers
"Donating money is one way for us to take care of those who have paid the ultimate price to ensure our freedoms," said President and General Manager of the Storm Chasers, Martie Cordaro. "Partnering with Budweiser of Omaha for this opportunity is an honor. We all hope for a surge in the home run department throughout June and July."
Founded in 2007 by Maj. Dan Rooney, Folds of Honor has benefited 2,000 dependents to date, and the $2 million contribution this year will help at least 400 more. Budweiser is donating $100 for every Major League Baseball home run and 5 cents for every case of beer sold in the United States from May 26-July 10. Donations like those being made by Budweiser of Omaha and the Storm Chasers will further increase the assistance generated by the program.
From May 1 through May 29, the Storm Chasers have hit 14 home runs in 13 home games, which would generate approximately $700. Fans may also add to this total by texting HERO to 80888 to donate $5 to Folds of Honor directly through their mobile service provider.
Werner Park will host 28 contests during the month of June and July including big divisional battles against Pacific Coast League American Northern Division foes Iowa and Memphis.
For information on how to come out to Werner Park to purchase tickets to see your Omaha Storm Chasers hit home runs for a fantastic cause, call the Werner Park Ticket Office at (402) 738-5100 or visit omahastormchasers.com for all of the latest information.
Pacific Coast League Stories from May 30, 2012
- Bass, RedHawks Stymie Sounds, 7-2 - Oklahoma City RedHawks
- Redbirds Rally by Round Rock - Memphis Redbirds
- Isotopes Blank Zephyrs 4-0 - New Orleans Zephyrs
- Round Rock Express Clipped at Memphis 4-3 - Round Rock Express
- Sounds' Struggles against RedHawks Continue with 7-2 Loss - Nashville Sounds
- Hand Takes No-Hitter into Eighth - New Orleans Zephyrs
- Fife Flummoxes Z's in 4-0 'Topes Win - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Reno Cruises to 13-5 Win over Tacoma - Reno Aces
- Rainiers Roughed Up At Reno, 13-5 - Tacoma Rainiers
- Banwart Leads Sacramento over Fresno - Fresno Grizzlies
- Wednesday's Chasers and I-Cubs Game Postponed - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Iowa Cubs Rained out in Omaha - Iowa Cubs
- River Cats Win Second-Straight against Grizzlies, 3-1 - Sacramento River Cats
- Cubs Add RHP Shane Lindsay - Iowa Cubs
- Round Rock Express - Game Notes at Memphis Redbirds - Round Rock Express
- RedHawks Game Notes - Oklahoma City RedHawks
- Oswalt Scheduled to Start for Express Saturday - Round Rock Express
- Chasers and Budweiser of Omaha Team up for Children of Fallen and Disabled Soldiers - Omaha Storm Chasers
- RedHawks Win Rain-Shortened Game, 2-0 - Oklahoma City RedHawks
- Padres' Rally Catches Las Vegas in Sixth - Tucson Padres
- Aces Take Opener over Tacoma, 7-5 - Reno Aces
- Tacoma Taken Down By Reno, 7-5 - Tacoma Rainiers
- Hicks' Walk-Off Home Run Lifts River Cats Past Grizzlies, 4-2 - Sacramento River Cats
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.