Dragons Announce Entertainment ActsMay 29, 2012 - Midwest League (MWL) Dayton Dragons
2012 Dragons Entertainment Acts Schedule:
o June 1 - ZOOperstars!
o July 21 - ZOOperstars!
o August 3 - BirdZerk!
o August 16 - K9 Crew Trick Dog Show
When the Dayton Dragons face the South Bend Silverhawks on June 1st, and the Kane County Cougars on July 21st, the ZOOperstars! will be there too. The July 21st performance is sponsored by Avis Car Rental. The outrageous, zany, and unpredictable group of inflatable animalistic superstars is one of the fastest growing entertainment acts in the U.S. The show features characters that combine some of the best athletes in the country with some of the most well-known animals in the world. The ZOOperstars! include the likes of Ken Giraffey, Jr., LeBronco James, and Alex Frogriguez. For more information, visit www.zooperstars.com.
Dayton hosts Lansing on August 3rd, and BirdZerk! will bring his wild and crazy antics to the ballpark as well. BirdZerk! is an entertainment whirlybird that plays to the crowd with comedic routines, pulling off hijinks with the players and coaches and sometimes having a little fun with the umpires. For more information, visit www.birdzerk.com.
K9 Crew Trick Dog Show
Making their first appearance at Fifth Third Field, the K9 Crew joins the Dragons for their game against the Lake County Captains on August 16th, sponsored by Great Clips. The K9 Crew is a group of six acrobatic dogs that perform high-flying disc routines. The group and their owner, Tony Hoard, made the semifinals of the television show "America's Got Talent" in 2009. For more information, visit www.tonyhoard.com.
Lawn tickets are still available for these games, and can be purchased by calling the Dragons Box Office at (937) 228-2287.
Midwest League Stories from May 29, 2012
- Chiefs Beat Rattlers in 14 on Zapata Single - Peoria Chiefs
- Chiefs avoid sweep, beat Rattlers in 14 innings - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Great Lakes Rallies Late to Win 6-5 - Great Lakes Loons
- Kernels drop series final to Quad Cities, 3-1 - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Top Prospect Earns First Win, Bees Beat Clinton 7-2 - Burlington Bees
- Hawks Drop Extra Inning Bout with Loons - South Bend Silver Hawks
- Hot Rods Close Series with 8-2 Win over TinCaps - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Lugnuts outslug Captains in finale, 10-9 - Lansing Lugnuts
- LumberKings Drop Finale; Lose Series to Burlington - Clinton LumberKings
- Lugnuts Win Back and Forth Game 10-9 - Lake County Captains
- Hager's Blast Completes Lengthy Trip with Victory - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Waldrop Named Midwest League Hitter of the Week - Dayton Dragons
- Portillo Named Midwest League Pitcher of the Week - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Captains Home Stand Features Cleveland Sports History Night, More - Lake County Captains
- Dragons Announce Entertainment Acts - Dayton Dragons
- Extra-Inning Woes Continue for Cougars - Kane County Cougars
- Dragons on TV Thursday and Friday - Dayton Dragons
- Dragons Shut out by West Michigan 8-0 - Dayton Dragons
- TinCaps Announce Roster Moves - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Head out to Pohlman Field for An Action Packed Weekend - Beloit Snappers
- Limited Tickets Remain for Driver Softball Game - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.