Buffalo Bisons - Columbus at BuffaloMay 29, 2012 - International League (IL) Buffalo Bisons
Tuesday, May 29, 2012 (7:05 p.m.) - Coca-Cola Field
RHP Matt Harvey (5-1, 4.22) vs. LHP Eric Berger (1-2, 7.11)
Radio: WWKB AM 1520, bisons.com
TODAY'S GAME: Tonight, the Buffalo Bisons host the Columbus Clippers in the second game of a four-game series at Coca-Cola Field (7:05 p.m.). This is the final series in the Herd's modern era record 16-game homestand. Buffalo has already picked up a 3-1 series win vs. Gwinnett, lost a 3-1 set to Indianapolis and split a four-game series with Scranton/Wilkes-Barre.
vs. CLIPPERS: This is the first series between the Bisons and the Clippers this season. Buffalo won the opener yesterday by a score of 7-1. The Bisons are 32-25 against the Clippers at Coca-Cola Field since 1998.
HARVEY: RHP MATT HARVEY takes the hill for his team-high 11th start tonight. The hurler has a team-high five wins, all coming in his last five decisions since April 20. In his last seven starts, Harvey is 5-0 with a 3.12ERA and 42 strikeouts in 40.1 innings of work.
ROSTER MOVES: The Mets will recall RHP CHRIS SCHWINDEN and select the contract of INF OMAR QUINTANILLA before tonight's game. The righty led Bisons starters with a 2.54ERA while the infielder was second on the team in home runs and runs batted in. INF SEAN KAZMAR was promoted to the Herd from Double-A Binghamton. RHP JEFF STEVENS was activated from the disabled list after being out with a groin strain.
ON A WIM: OF COREY WIMBERLY stole his team-leading seventh base in yesterday's win over Columbus. He is now just two shy of the Bisons steals leader from a season ago (OF Bubba Bell, 9). The last time a player on the Herd stole double digits was in 2009, when former Bisons OF JESUS FELICIANO swiped 13 bags and INF ARGENIS REYES stole 10.
BISONS NOTES: LHP JUSTIN HAMPSON struck out four in 2.0 innings of relief work yesterday. In his last five appearances, the southpaw is 2-0 with a 1.00ERA and 11 strikeouts in 9.0IP...RHP ELVIN RAMIREZ extended his scoreless outings streak to 10 games after striking out the side in the seventh inning of yesterday's contest...Buffalo has 23 stolen bases in May after stealing only 10 in April...The Herd continues to lead the IL in batting average (.275).
METS UPDATE : The Mets' (27-22) lost to the rival Phillies on Monday afternoon by a score of 8-4. Former Bisons LHP JON NIESE threw 5.0 innings and struck out seven. OF VINNY ROTTINO hit his second MLB home run and drove in a pair. The Mets continue their series with Philadelphia tonight at Citi Field (7:10 p.m.).
International League Stories from May 29, 2012
- PawSox Outlast Norfolk, 11-8 - Pawtucket Red Sox
- Knights Lose Game Two to Rochester 7-4 on Tuesday - Charlotte Knights
- Owens Leads Way as Indians Beat Bulls 3-1 - Indianapolis Indians
- Flande, G-Braves Shut Out Lehigh Valley - Gwinnett Braves
- Mets Thole to Join Bisons on Wednesday - Buffalo Bisons
- Chiefs Club 11 Hits in 6-2 Win - Syracuse Chiefs
- Orioles Reinstate OF Endy Chavez from Disabled List and Select - Norfolk Tides
- IronPigs Game Notes - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Rochester Red Wings Game Notes - Tuesday, May 29 at Charlotte (White Sox) - Rochester Red Wings
- Buffalo Bisons - Columbus at Buffalo - Buffalo Bisons
- Mets to Promote Schwinden, Quintanilla from Bisons - Buffalo Bisons
- Baseball Month in Rochester - May 29 - Rochester Red Wings
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.