Dragons Homestand Preview for Games Starting WednesdayMay 28, 2012 - Midwest League (MWL) Dayton Dragons
Wednesday, May 30 - Dayton Dragons vs. South Bend Silverhawks (Arizona Diamondbacks), 7:00 PM
Thursday, May 31 - Dayton Dragons vs. South Bend Silverhawks, 7:00 PM
Friday, June 1 - Dayton Dragons vs. South Bend Silverhawks, 7:00 PM
All games broadcast on WONE 980 AM and streamed via the Dragons website at www.daytondragons.com.
Dragons On TV
The games on Thursday and Friday will be televised on WHIO Digital Channel 7.2. It is available on Time Warner Basic Cable Channel 23 and Digital Channel 372.
Former Cincinnati Reds first baseman and Dragons manager Todd Benzinger will join Tom Nichols on the telecast on Thursday
Former Cincinnati Reds infielder Chris Sexton will provide color commentary on Friday's broadcast
For Your Entertainment
Wednesday, May 30
National Anthem performed by Forte (Cincinnati, Ohio)
Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield Home Run for Life - Alex Bean
Centerville High School Band on the Plaza before the game
Thursday, May 31
National Anthem performed by Bella a Cappella Chorus (Dayton, Ohio)
Friday, June 1
National Anthem performed by Dr. John Hole Elementary (Centerville, Ohio)
Mini Dugout Dancers
Dragons On The Field
Centerfielder Kurtis Muller rejoined the Dragons at the end of the last homestand and quickly sparked the Dragons offense. He homered in his first at-bat, and had two more hits in the win over Great Lakes. The 22nd round draft pick of the Reds in 2010, Muller became the second Dragons hitter to homer in his first at-bat with the team this season. Muller is batting .400 in his first seven games with the Dragons.
Second baseman Ryan Wright has keyed the Dragons offensive turnaround throughout the past week with an 11-game hitting streak that is still alive. Wright put together a stretch in which he had multiple hits in five straight games starting with the series finale in Bowling Green on May 18th and extending through the road trip. He raised his batting average above .300 for the first time since the first week of May and is currently hitting .318. Baseball America's 23rd best prospect in the Reds organization, Wright was drafted in the fifth round of the 2011 MLB Draft.
Former major leaguer Delino DeShields is in his second season as manager for Dayton in 2012. He enters his fourth season in the Reds organization, having served as the manager of the Billings Mustangs in 2010 and as the hitting coach in Billings in 2009. Cincinnati Reds Hall of Famer Tom Browning joins the staff as the pitching coach, and Alex Pelaez begins his second year as the team's hitting coach.
Midwest League Stories from May 28, 2012
- Lugnuts continue hit parade in 14-7 rout - Lansing Lugnuts
- Lugnuts Smash Captains 14-7 - Lake County Captains
- Bandits Blast Kernels 16-6 - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Hot Rods Double up TinCaps, 14-7 - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Dragons Homestand Preview for Games Starting Wednesday - Dayton Dragons
- Segovia Homers Twice as Hot Rods Roll - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Bees' Pitching Falters - Burlington Bees
- Big Innings Get River Bandits 16-6 Win over Kernels - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Snappers Outlast Cougars in 12 - Kane County Cougars
- LumberKings Explode on Memorial Day - Clinton LumberKings
- Loons Lose on Memorial Day, 6-2 - Great Lakes Loons
- Hawks Pull Away Late, Oust Loons 6-2 - South Bend Silver Hawks
- Chiefs Fall on Late Ratters Rally Monday Afternoon - Peoria Chiefs
- Rattlers win third straight in Peoria - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Whitecaps Top Dragons 3-1 in Memorial Day Meeting - Dayton Dragons
- Dragons Add Former Big 12 Pitcher of the Year - Dayton Dragons
- Dan Reynolds joins the Kernels from Tempe; Brian Diemer to Inland Empire - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Chiefs Add 2011 1st Round Pick Javier Baez - Peoria Chiefs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.