RailCats Drop Series in 6-2 LossMay 26, 2012 - American Association (AA) Gary SouthShore Railcats
Drage had a rough first outing after being signed earlier in the day. In the second inning, David Peralta hit a sacrifice fly, Ryan Khoury hit an RBI single and John Rodriguez drew a bases loaded walk to put the Wingnuts ahead 3-0. Drage allowed three runs on four hits and walked three in 1 2/3 innings.
Left-hander Chuck Lukanen, also signed on Saturday, threw 2 1/3 scoreless innings in relief. Stephen Hiscock came on in the fifth inning and gave up one run on an RBI single by Steve Carrillo and Peralta followed with his second sac fly of the game to make it 5-0.
The RailCats cut into the deficit in the fifth inning, scoring a pair of runs on David Cooper's RBI single and a sac fly by Adam Klein. They loaded the bases with one out in the seventh but reliever Matt Nevarez got Adam Klein and Mike Massaro to strike out to end the threat. The 'Cats fall to 4-5 on the season.
The Wingnuts added a run in the sixth on a wild pitch by Hiscock to increase the lead to 6-2.
The final game of the three game series is at 2:10 PM on Sunday. Derek Blacksher will start for the Wingnuts while no starter has been announced for the RailCats.
American Association Stories from May 26, 2012
- T-Bones Edge AirHogs 4-3, Complete Three-Game Sweep - Kansas City T-Bones
- Wild Game Leaves Goldeyes with Loss to End Road Trip - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Diablos Win Wild One At Cohen, Snap Losing Streak - El Paso Diablos
- It's dÃ©jÃ vu for AirHogs in another 4-3 loss - Grand Prairie AirHogs
- 'Dogs Dodge Collapse, Alonso Wears Cape in Walk-Off Win - Lincoln Saltdogs
- Wingnuts Win Fourth Straight - Wichita Wingnuts
- Saints Lose Pitchers' Duel 2-1 to Explorers - St. Paul Saints
- RailCats Drop Series in 6-2 Loss - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- RedHawks shut out Pheasants - Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks
- Fargo-Moorhead Shuts out Pheasants - Sioux Falls Canaries
- RailCats Announce Five Roster Moves - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- AirHogs Partner with Techway to Help E-Recycling Effort - Grand Prairie AirHogs
- Pittsburgh Pirates Purchase Kasparek's Contract - Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks
- Voting Open for Top Designated Hitter - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Amarillo Cycles on the Lemurs - Laredo Lemurs
- Kansas City Edges Grand Prairie, in Position for Sweep on Saturday - Kansas City T-Bones
- Guerrero, Arms Lift Pheasants Past Fargo-Moorhead - Sioux Falls Canaries
- T-Bones Nip AirHogs After Controversial Eighth - Grand Prairie AirHogs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.