Rascal Bullpen Shuts out WashingtonMay 26, 2012 - Frontier League (FL) River City Rascals
Keli'i Zablan made the first start of his career and lasted three innings before exiting with a 2-0 lead after the Rascals scored a run in the first inning on a sacrifice fly and added another on a Matt Serna RBI single in the second. River City made it 3-0 in the fourth when Curran Redal scored with Serna getting into a rundown on a steal attempt from first.
Jason Sullivan pitched three innings in relief of Zablan to earn the first win of his pro career, pitching out of a bases loaded jam in the fourth and finishing with three strikeouts and three walks allowed. Jason Patton launched a two-run homerun, his first of the season, following a leadoff single from Jeremy Synan in the fifth to stretch the lead to 5-0.
Justin Gill threw a scoreless frame in the seventh before Dan Lazzaroni finished the shutout with two scoreless frames.
The Rascals go for their second-straight series sweep tomorrow with first pitch set for 6:05 CT. Don Lisi (0-0, 9.00) will square off against 2011 Frontier League Rookie of the Year Casey Barnes (0-0, 0.00). You can hear the action live on Westplex News-Talk 1280 KYRO and online at westplexnewstalk.com.
-WildThings have gone hitless in their last 29 at-bats with runners on base
-Keli'i Zablan had never started a game at any level of his playing career
-second shutout of the season for River City
Frontier League Stories from May 26, 2012
- Grizzlies Pick One-Run Victory in Canada - Gateway Grizzlies
- Schaumburg Boomers Walk Off With Win in Thirteen - Schaumburg Boomers
- RiverHawks Power Past Lake Erie, Win 8-1 - Rockford RiverHawks
- Gateway Slows Rippers - London Rippers
- Traverse City Silences ThunderBolts' Bats - Traverse City Beach Bums
- Crushers surrender four homers in 8-1 loss - Lake Erie Crushers
- Rascal Bullpen Shuts out Washington - River City Rascals
- Slammers Win First Series of 2012 - Joliet Slammers
- Miners Offense Continues with Win over CornBelters - Southern Illinois Miners
- Otters Drop Second Game in a Row on the Road - Evansville Otters
- Wild Things Shut out by Rascals 5-0 - Washington Wild Things
- CornBelters Blanked by Miners - Normal CornBelters
- May 26 Joliet Slammers Game Notes - Joliet Slammers
- Time Change for Sunday - London Rippers
- Schaumburg Franchise Kicks off with a BOOM! - Schaumburg Boomers
- RiverHawks Drop Home Opener 8-2 - Rockford RiverHawks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.