Hawks Lose Home OpenerMay 25, 2012 - Frontier League (FL) Rockford RiverHawks
The Crushers, who never trailed, handed the RiverHawks their fifth straight loss, in front of a near-sellout crowd of 2,617 in Rockford's home opener.
Rockford starter Cody Hallahan (0-1) gave up three straight two-out hits in the fifth inning, including Moldenhauer's RBI blooper to right field, and took the loss. Lake Erie reliever Randy Sturgill (1-0) was awarded the win because starter Mickey Jannis did not go five innings. Chance Gilmore gave up an unearned run in the Rockford eighth inning, but recorded the final seven outs and earned his first save.
Lake Erie broke the game open with a four-run eighth inning. Robby Kuzdale, who entered the game as a defensive replacement in the sixth inning, hit a sacrifice fly in the seventh and a three-run double in the eighth for a four-RBI night.
Michael Hur and Matt Greener each had two hits for Rockford.
The homestand continues at 6:05 p.m. Saturday. The first 1,000 through the gate receive magnet schedules, courtesy of Rockford Health Systems.
The RiverHawks are members of the Frontier League, an independent professional baseball league in its 20th season. Games are broadcast on WNTA-FM (100.5) Advertising and ticket information is available by calling (815) 885-2255. Fans can also visit www.rockfordriverhawks.com.
Frontier League Stories from May 25, 2012
- Hawks Lose Home Opener - Rockford RiverHawks
- Miners Bats' Come Alive in Win against CornBelters - Southern Illinois Miners
- Crushers tally seven two out hits in 8-2 win - Lake Erie Crushers
- Slammers Win Second Straight - Joliet Slammers
- Otters Fall Short in 3-2 Loss against Frontier League Champs - Evansville Otters
- Beach Bums Topple Windy City in Home Opener - Traverse City Beach Bums
- Rascals Win Fifth-Straight - River City Rascals
- CornBelters fall to Miners - Normal CornBelters
- Washington drops game to Rascals - Washington Wild Things
- Rippers Open Labatt Park with Win - London Rippers
- Grizzlies Drop Another One-Run Game on Road Trip - Gateway Grizzlies
- RiverHawks Sign Guilford Alum - Rockford RiverHawks
- May 25 Joliet Slammers Game Notes - Joliet Slammers
- Otters Bring Back Fontenot, Make Trade for Outfielder - Evansville Otters
- Flame-Throwing Shackleford Bids Farewll to Florence, Signed by Mariners - Florence Freedom
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.