Harris Promoted To Tennessee FridayMay 25, 2012 - Southern League (SL) Tennessee Smokies
The Smokies roster is set at 24 active players.
Harris, who played for the Tennessee Volunteer baseball team in 2008-09, joins the Smokies from the High-A Daytona Cubs. In 16 relief appearances with the D-Cubs, the 25-year-old is 2-1 with a 2.53 ERA (6 ER/21.1 IP) allowing 12 hits and 13 walks while striking out 22. The Compton, CA native was originally drafted by the Atlanta Braves in the 19th round of the 2009 MLB Draft, and dealt to the Cubs, along with two other minor league players, for first baseman Derrick Lee in 2010.
Weathers is 2-1 with a 3.68 ERA (6 ER/14.2 IP) in 13 relief appearances this season with the Smokies. Originally selected by the Colorado Rockies in the first round (eighth overall) in the 2007 MLB Draft, then dealt to the Cubs on 12/8/11, along with INF Ian Stewart, for OF Tyler Colvin and INF DJ LeMahieu.
Southern League Stories from May 25, 2012
- Kleinknecht's Pinch-Hit Double Sends M-Braves to Thrilling 6-5 Win in Pensacola - Mississippi Braves
- 16th Sellout on Virginia College Patriotic Cap Night - Pensacola Blue Wahoos
- Offense Foils Stars' Winning Streak - Huntsville Stars
- Lookouts Win in Extras, 5-4 - Chattanooga Lookouts
- Long-Ball Backs Thompson in 6-1 Win - Montgomery Biscuits
- Behind Dominant Pitching, Smokies Snap Skid - Tennessee Smokies
- Montgomery's Big First Inning Costs Generals - Jackson Generals
- Harris Promoted To Tennessee Friday - Tennessee Smokies
- Memorial Day Celebration Kicks off Upcoming Homestand - Tennessee Smokies
- Homestand Highlights: M- Braves vs. Biscuits May 28 - June 1 - Mississippi Braves
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.