Memorial Day Celebration at Trustmark ParkMay 24, 2012 - Southern League (SL) Mississippi Braves
When gates open at 6:00 PM, the first 1,000 fans inside Trustmark Park will receive a FREE 6"x 9" American Flag. Additionally, all Military Personnel showing their Military ID will receive a $3.00 Field Level Ticket and all other fans wearing red, white, and blue, will receive a $5.00 Field Level Ticket. Members of the Military may also show their Military ID at the Magnolia Data Solutions Customer Service Table and register to win one of many door prizes that will be given away during the game.
During the pre-game activities, United States Congressman Gregg Harper of Mississippi, and Major General Leon Collins, from the Army National Guard, will address the crowd and members of the military in attendance. In addition, several individuals will be present for their enlistment ceremony into the Army National Guard to begin their service to the country. Following the Major General's speech and ceremony, the Braves will host a moment of silence in remembrance of those who have lost their lives defending the country.
Furthermore, as fans enter the park, they will be greeted by the Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Ambassadors of Laughter and will be entertained by both between the first two innings of the game.
To conclude the night, a special fireworks show will take place in the M-Braves North Parking Lot.
Monday is also another Make a Difference Monday sponsored by Shoe Choo Train and Yogi on the Lake-Jellystone Park, US96.3, and WAPT TV.
First pitch against Montgomery is scheduled for 7:00 PM.
Southern League Stories from May 24, 2012
- BayBears Edge Smokies for Third Straight - Mobile BayBears
- Smokies Drop 3-2 Decision at Mobile - Tennessee Smokies
- Lead Slips Away, Streak Snapped - Montgomery Biscuits
- Sellout Crowd Watches Wahoos Win 4-2 on Thirsty Thursday - Pensacola Blue Wahoos
- Late Charge Gives Jackson 5-4 Win over Biscuits - Jackson Generals
- Stars Squeak Out Third Straight Victory - Huntsville Stars
- Lookouts Handle Suns 4-1 - Jacksonville Suns
- Magill Pitches Gem in 4-1 Win - Chattanooga Lookouts
- Stars Announce Summer Baseball Camp Dates - Huntsville Stars
- Dunigan Returns from DL, Vanderbilt Alum Giobbi Added - Jackson Generals
- Wahoos Launch "Saved by the Bell" Campaign to Support Marine Memorial - Pensacola Blue Wahoos
- Memorial Day Celebration at Trustmark Park - Mississippi Braves
- Rickwood Classic Highlights Five-Game Homestand against Lookouts - Birmingham Barons
- Suns Bombard the BayBears Starting Memorial Day - Jacksonville Suns
- BayBears Take Second Straight over Smokies - Mobile BayBears
- Hultzen Strikes out 12, Generals Fall in Extras - Jackson Generals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.