Betancourt To Begin Rehab AssignmentMay 24, 2012 - Texas League (TL) Northwest Arkansas Naturals
Betancourt last appeared in a game for the Royals on May 1 against Detroit. In 15 games this season, Betancourt has posted a .280 batting average with one home run and three RBI.
Yuniesky was resigned by the Royals as a free agent on December 20, 2011. He has appeared in the major leagues with the Royals, Seattle Mariners, and Milwaukee Brewers in his eight major league seasons. Betancourt is a career .269 hitter in the major leagues over 977 career games.
Dobies had appeared in two games for the Naturals this season allowing four hits and three runs over five innings of work. The left-hander was signed as a free agent last season by the Royals.
Keck was promoted to Double-A for the first time after splitting last season between Class-A Kane County and Wilmington. The Luray, Tennessee native, has gone 2-1 with a 1.61 ERA in 11 appearances for the Blue Rocks. He has worked 22.1 innings and surrendered 15 hits and 12 walks, while striking out 15. Keck was originally selected in the 42nd round of the 2009 draft out of Bethel College.
The Northwest Arkansas Naturals are the Double-A Texas League affiliate of the Kansas City Royals and play at state-of-the-art Arvest Ballpark, located in Springdale. Visit our website, nwanaturals.com, for information on season tickets and ticket plans.
Texas League Stories from May 24, 2012
- Cardinals Fall in 12 to San Antonio 3-2 - Springfield Cardinals
- Missions Walk Off Winners 3-2 - San Antonio Missions
- RockHounds Walk on Bye - Northwest Arkansas Naturals
- Drillers Blanked by Frisco's Grimm - Tulsa Drillers
- Grimm Wins Seventh Game - Frisco RoughRiders
- Nine-Run Third Inning Lifts Hooks to 13-4 Win - Arkansas Travelers
- Game Notes, May 24 vs. Arkansas - Corpus Christi Hooks
- Betancourt To Begin Rehab Assignment - Northwest Arkansas Naturals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.