Lemurs Take Loss in Final Game of Home StandMay 24, 2012 - American Association (AA) Laredo Lemurs
Starting pitcher Chris Chavez got off to a great start for the Lemurs giving up one hit through the first four innings of work, but the Goldeyes would strike for three runs in the fifth to take a 3-2 lead over the Lemurs. The Goldeyes one run lead would hold up until the bottom of the seventh as the Lemurs put together three hits in the bottom of the inning to help bring home the tying run.
The tied game wouldn't last very long as Price Kendal started off the eighth with a single with one out. Chris Roberson followed up with a single of his own and Jon Weber loaded the bases with a walk. With the bases loaded Yurendell DeCaster hit a fly ball to left that was caught by Ernie Banks Jr. but the ball was hit deep enough to score the go ahead run and make the score 4-3 in favor of the Goldeyes.
The Goldeyes would strike big in the ninth, putting up seven runs, with five hits, and an error mixed in against relief pitcher Jon Hunton. Winnipeg's relief pitching proved solid in the eighth and ninth against the Lemurs as they retired the side order in each frame.
The Lemurs played seven games at home and posted a 4-3 record. They now hit the road for a seven game raod trip that will take them to Amarillo, TX and Lincoln, NE. You can hear all the games online at www.laredolemurs.com.
Make sure you follow us on Facebook and Twitter @LLemursbaseball
The lemurs will be home to take on the El Paso Diablos and the Amarillo Sox for a seven game home stand starting June 1st . You can get tickets on line at www.laredolemurs.com or by phone at 956-7LEMURS.
American Association Stories from May 24, 2012
- Fish Win in Extras to Open Series against Diablos - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Diablos Lose In Extras Despite 14 Hits - El Paso Diablos
- American Association Results - AA
- Bullpen Dominant, Provencher Clutch as 'Dogs Split Series - Lincoln Saltdogs
- St. Paul Outslugs Pheasants - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Local Pitcher Makes Good, Sheldon Homers Twice, Saints Win 6-4 - St. Paul Saints
- Big Eighth Seals Series Opener for T-Bones - Grand Prairie AirHogs
- Pheasants and Saints Start Delayed - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Enjoy Food with the Saints During the Upcoming Homestand Or You'Ll be Sleeping with the Fishes - St. Paul Saints
- First Home Stand Brings Thousands to Uni-Trade Stadium - Laredo Lemurs
- Lemurs Take Loss in Final Game of Home Stand - Laredo Lemurs
- Fish Avoid Sweep by Thumping Laredo - Winnipeg Goldeyes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.