Amarillo Sox Hankerd SoldMay 23, 2012 - American Association (AA) Amarillo Sox
Hankerd is expected to report to the White Sox single-A affiliate. Fargo-Moorhead's Jon Gaston was also picked up by Chicago. He was picked up by the Philadelphia Phillies in late July of last year, but returned to the Sox for the 2012 season.
2011 was Hankerd's first in independent baseball. He was drafted in the 3rd round of the 2006 draft by the Arizona Diamondbacks out of the University of Southern California. He advanced up to triple-AAA Reno in 2010. He was signed by Amarillo in the 2011 off-season.
The Covina, California-native hit .355 with 10 homeruns and 74 RBI in 2011. He has hit .304 in five games, with one homerun and four RBI.
For more information about this announcement, contact the Sox office.The 1-4 Sox will take on the Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks for the final game of a three-game set tonight at 7:05pm with the Aqua One Pre-Game Show set to begin at 6:50pm on Ustream via www.amarillosox.com. Game time is tentative and is subject to blackout.
Season tickets are available for purchase in-person by visiting the Sox Front Offices at 801 S. Polk or over the phone by calling (806) 242-4653. For more information on tickets, game times and schedules, promotions, marketing opportunities, and everything else Sox, visit the "Official Website of the Amarillo Sox" at www.amarillosox.com.
American Association Stories from May 23, 2012
- RailCats Cruise to 17-8 Win - Kansas City T-Bones
- Wingnuts Dominate Jackals to Take Series - Wichita Wingnuts
- 'Cats Crush T-Bones 17-8 - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Saints Overpower Pheasants - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Saints Offense Comes Alive in 11-4 Hammering of Pheasants - St. Paul Saints
- American Association Game Recaps - AA
- DeBarr Shuts out Diablos to Earn Sweep - Grand Prairie AirHogs
- Amarillo Sox Hankerd Sold - Amarillo Sox
- Diablos Shut out by DeBarr, Swept by AirHogs - El Paso Diablos
- RailCats Opening Night Is Friday; Begins Six-Game Homestand - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- White Sox Purchase Contract of Jon Gaston - Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks
- "Carp"E Diem: Saints Solve Invasive Species Problem - St. Paul Saints
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.