Diablos Shut out by DeBarr, Swept by AirHogsMay 23, 2012 - American Association (AA) El Paso Diablos
Diablos starter Osvaldo Rodriguez (1-1) looked nothing like the pitcher who threw six solid innings on Friday, lasting just three plus innings and giving up all six AirHogs runs. Grand Prairie took a 2-0 lead on a two-run double by catcher Zane Chavez in the bottom of the second inning and never looked back, scoring one more in the third and twice more in the fourth, giving DeBarr all the run support he needed to notch the AirHogs' fifth victory of 2012.
One bright spot for the Diablos, who had just five base runners in the entire game, was the performance of the bullpen, which did not allow a hit after Rodriguez was lifted with nobody out in the third inning. Colin Allen, Kyle Cremers and Ronny Morla allowed a combined three base runners the rest of the way, but the offense never got going enough to make it count.
The Diablos now return home for a three-game series with the North Division's Winnipeg Goldeyes. Scheduled to start in the series for El Paso are Scott Hodsdon, Freddy Flores and Reymond Cruz, all searching for their first victory of the season. All three games are set for a 7:05 p.m. (CST) first pitch.
American Association Stories from May 23, 2012
- RailCats Cruise to 17-8 Win - Kansas City T-Bones
- Wingnuts Dominate Jackals to Take Series - Wichita Wingnuts
- 'Cats Crush T-Bones 17-8 - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Saints Overpower Pheasants - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Saints Offense Comes Alive in 11-4 Hammering of Pheasants - St. Paul Saints
- American Association Game Recaps - AA
- DeBarr Shuts out Diablos to Earn Sweep - Grand Prairie AirHogs
- Amarillo Sox Hankerd Sold - Amarillo Sox
- Diablos Shut out by DeBarr, Swept by AirHogs - El Paso Diablos
- RailCats Opening Night Is Friday; Begins Six-Game Homestand - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- White Sox Purchase Contract of Jon Gaston - Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks
- "Carp"E Diem: Saints Solve Invasive Species Problem - St. Paul Saints
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.