Meriter & Physicians Plus Backyard to be Unveiled this AfternoonMay 23, 2012 - Northwoods League (Northwoods) Madison Mallards
Fans are encouraged to attend, and the Mallards will provide free ballpark food and soda for all who attend. Representatives from the YMCA of Dane County, the Boys & Girls Club of Dane County, and Madison Parks will be in attendance. They will also be bringing over 100 kids to enjoy the Meriter & Physicians Plus Backyard for the first time.
The Meriter & Physicians Plus Backyard is the newest addition for Mallards fans to view the game. Designed for families and children to sit on the grass and watch the game, it will hold 400-500 fans. The Backyard is a 6,000 square foot grass berm that is located behind the left-center field wall.
The Mallards and Meriter & Physicians Plus have also turned the Meriter & Physicians Plus Backyard into a way to give back to the community. The Backyard will cost $8 per person, and $1 of every ticket sold will be donated to the Madison Parks Foundation, the YMCA of Dane County, and the Boys & Girls Club of Dane County.
Families are encouraged to bring their blankets to sit on as they take in the game from the outfield. Fans with Meriter & Physicians Plus Backyard tickets will have access to the rest of the stadium for concessions and restrooms. Every fan with a ticket inside the stadium is also allowed to go into the Backyard to try the new area, based on availability.
"The experience of a Mallards game has always been centered around families," said Mallards President Vern Stenman. "The addition of the Meriter & Physicians Plus Backyard continues to strengthen our focus and commitment to providing a venue that appeals to families, while helping support other groups that share the same mission."
The 2012 season is upon us! Single-game tickets are on-sale for all Mallards home games!
The Mallards will host their season opener against the Battle Creek Bombers on May 30th at 7:05 pm at the "Duck Pond." 7-Game Packs, season, and group tickets are on sale now!
The Madison Mallards are part of the 16-team Northwoods League. The Northwoods League has more teams, plays more games, and draws more fans than any other Summer Collegiate Baseball League in North America.
Northwoods League Stories from May 23, 2012
- Bucks Add Evansville Star Hockemeyer - Waterloo Bucks
- Bucks Add TAMU-Kingsville Pitcher - Waterloo Bucks
- Third annual pre-season tailgate party scheduled for this Saturday - Eau Claire Express
- Saberhagen to Throw out First Pitch at Rox Inaugural Home Opener - St. Cloud Rox
- Mallards Making Big Impact Around the Country as College Postseason Begins - Madison Mallards
- Kole Calhoun Makes Big League Debut - Northwoods
- Huskies Announce 2012 Promotional Schedule - Duluth Huskies
- Meriter & Physicians Plus Backyard to be Unveiled this Afternoon - Madison Mallards
- Former MoonDog Called up to the Twins - Mankato MoonDogs
- Cats Roster Expands - Thunder Bay Border Cats
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.