Barnstormers Shake Things up on Offensive LineMay 22, 2012 - Arena Football League (AFL) Iowa Barnstormers
Palmgren (6-3, 295) comes to Iowa after a four-year standout career at Missouri. He appeared in 47 career games, making 25 starts at Left Guard. He was the anchor of an offensive line unit that helped rack up more than 30 points and 400 yards per game during his final two seasons. The Kansas City, MO native was named the number 8 prospect in the state by rivals.com in 2006 while attending North Kansas City High School.
Garrity (6-6, 315) joins the Barnstormers after two seasons at Eastern Illinois. Unfortunately he appeared in just 7 games his final two seasons due to injuries, but was impressive enough to earn a tryout with the Chicago Bears this spring. Garrity transferred to EIU after two years at Illinois. He played High School football in Batavia, IL where he was named to the Chicago Tribune all-state second team in 2006.
When asked about the moves, Hohensee commented, "We knew that the one area we needed to improve in was pass protection. I believe that we now have the right pieces in place to do this. Both of these guys are big strong guys that carry an attitude, and that's exactly what we need right now."
In order to make room for the new additions, OL B.J. Cabbell and Cornelius Lewis have been reassigned by the Barnstormers.
The Barnstormers return home to Wells Fargo Arena this Friday night to battle the Spokane Shock. Kickoff is scheduled for 7:05pm, but the gates open early at 5:30 for the Miller Lite Happy Hour. Join us from 5:30-6:30 in the Miller Lite Lounge at Wells Fargo Arena for $1.00 Miller and Miller Lite drafts! Great seats are still available and can be purchased at the Arena box office, online at www.theiowabarnstormers.com or by calling 515.633.2255.
Arena Football League Stories from May 22, 2012
- Barnstormers Shake Things up on Offensive Line - Iowa Barnstormers
- Week 12 AFL Match-Up - Shock at Barnstormers - Spokane Shock
- Kellem's Interception Named Cutters Catch of the Week - New Orleans VooDoo
- Sharks' Taylor Earns Spalding Highlight of the Week - Jacksonville Sharks
- VooDoo Dolls Visit Children's Hospital On Tuesday Afternoon - New Orleans VooDoo
- Purify, Sanders and Johnson Earn Week 11 Honors - AFL
- Mustangs 25th Anniversary Mini Football Giveaway - Milwaukee Mustangs
- Two Attack Dancers Competing for Dream Team Spot - Jacksonville Sharks
- Predators Host Defending ArenaBowl Champion Jacksonville Sharks - Orlando Predators
- Greg Ellingson Signs with Tampa Bay Buccaneers - New Orleans VooDoo
- Fat Joe to Perform at Soul Game - Philadelphia Soul
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.