Lobstein Named S.L. Pitcher of the WeekMay 21, 2012 - Southern League (SL) - Montgomery Biscuits Press Release
Lobstein became the first 2012 Biscuit to pitch into the eighth on Sunday, firing eight shutout innings against the Birmingham Barons. In two starts during the week, Lobstein was 1-0 with a 0.64 ERA, allowing one run over 14 innings pitched.
A 2nd-round pick in 2008 out of Coconino HS in Flagstaff, AZ, Lobstein is in his first full-season at the double-A level after a late-season call-up last year.
Matt Buschmann took home the league's Pitcher of the Week honor last week, with Kyeong Kang winning Hitter of the Week two weeks ago. This marks the 18th time in franchise history the Biscuits have had a Pitcher of the Week.
The Biscuits begin a five-game series with the Jackson Generals Wednesday at 7:05 as Joe Cruz opposes highly-touted lefty Danny Hultzen on a Military Wednesday. The Biscuits sit two games out of first in the South at 23-22, above .500 for the first time this season.
Southern League Stories from May 21, 2012
- Smokies Can't Hold Late Lead, Drop Series Finale, 8-5 - Tennessee Smokies
- Lobstein Named S.L. Pitcher of the Week - Montgomery Biscuits
- Generals Split Double-Header with BayBears - Jackson Generals
- BayBears and Generals Split Doubleheader - Mobile BayBears
- Smith Named Southern League Player of the Week - Chattanooga Lookouts
- BayBears Offer Great Week Ahead at "The Hank" - Mobile BayBears
- Stars Open Five-Game Homestand against Barons Tuesday - Huntsville Stars
- Lobstein Pushes Biscuits Above .500 - Montgomery Biscuits
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.