Former RiverHawk Called up to Triple-AMay 19, 2012 - Frontier League (FL) Rockford RiverHawks
The Arizona Diamondbacks promoted the left-handed pitcher from Double-A Mobile to Triple-A Reno of the Pacific Coast League on May 12. In two appearances with the D-Backs' top farm club, Sinclair has no record and a 3.00 ERA. He was 1-0 with a 1.47 ERA in 12 appearances with the BayBears.
Sinclair is the fourth player - and third southpaw - to reach Class AAA after his days as a RiverHawk. Justin Dowdy reached the top level of the minors with the Oakland organization in 2008 and the San Francisco farm system in 2011. Derrick Ellison got to Triple-A with the New York Mets organization in 2009. Outfielder Rich Austin, now the RiverHawks' manager, played Triple-A ball in Mexico with Tabasco in 2007.
Sinclair is one of 16 players signed directly off the Rockford roster in the RiverHawks' 11 seasons in the Stateline and the only one currently with a major-league organization.
Last season, his first as a full-time reliever, Sinclair was 4-2 with a 2.55 earned-run average and four saves in 45 appearances at high Class A Visalia of the California League. He earned promotion to Mobile, where he had no record, a 3.00 ERA and no saves in five appearances.
Sinclair started at the University of Northern Iowa and was fairly dominant in that role in both independent and short-season ball in 2008. He was 1-0 with a 1.93 ERA and averaged a strikeout an inning in four appearances with the RiverHawks. He signed with the Diamondbacks, who assigned him to Rookie-level Missoula. While with the Osprey, Sinclair was 5-2 with a 3.07 ERA and again averaged a strikeout an inning in nine appearances. He was twice named Pioneer League Pitcher of the Week.
Frontier League Stories from May 19, 2012
- Otters Surge Late for Comeback 10 Inning Win - Evansville Otters
- Miners Defeat Rippers 9-5 in Offensive Fashion - Southern Illinois Miners
- Rascals Held to Five Hits in 6-2 Loss - River City Rascals
- Wild Things Fall 4-3 in Extra Innings - Washington Wild Things
- Button bloop boosts RiverHawks in 6-2 win - Rockford RiverHawks
- Grizzlies Cruise Past Slammers for First Win - Gateway Grizzlies
- Grizzlies Pick up First Win against Slammers - Joliet Slammers
- Big First Inning Too Much For Rippers - London Rippers
- Late rally falls short - Lake Erie Crushers
- CornBelters drop 7-2 decision to Windy City - Normal CornBelters
- Boomers Hold off Lake Erie to Improve to 2-0 - Schaumburg Boomers
- Former RiverHawk Called up to Triple-A - Rockford RiverHawks
- Ex-RiverHawk in Triple-A - Rockford RiverHawks
- May 19 Joliet Slammers Game Notes - Joliet Slammers
- Grand Slam Propels Beach Bums to a 6-4 Victory against Freedom - Florence Freedom
- Miners Win Season Opener - Southern Illinois Miners
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.