Ka'Aihue Leads T-Bones to First WinMay 18, 2012 - American Association (AA) Kansas City T-Bones
In the third inning, after New Jersey's Matt Chico gave up a bases loaded walk to Brandon Jones that gave the T-Bones (1-1) their first lead of the night at 3-2, Ka'aihue lined a grand slam down the left-field line. Then, Ka'aihue led off the seventh with a moon shot to left field.
"KK is traditionally a slow starter," said T-Bones manager Kenny Hook. "But when he gets going, he's proven that he can hit multi-homer games. He definitely showed that tonight."
The win is the first for new manager Kenny Hook and comes on the heels of Thursday night's 17-7 loss to the Jackals.
"I'm relieved to get that first win," Hook said, "but I'm most happy about the way we bounced back. We had better at-bats and we made (New Jersey) play defense."
Pitcher Nick Singleton (1-0) picked up his first win for the T-Bones as he gave up four hits and two runs, and struck out seven in six innings.
Kansas City hit four singles and a double in the sixth inning before New Jersey recorded an out. As a result the T-Bones increased their lead to 10-2. Ka'aihue's blast in the seventh inning stretched Kansas City's advantage to nine runs.
The T-Bones and Jackals (1-1) continue their four-game series on Saturday night at CommunityAmerica Ballpark, with first pitch set for 7:05. Devin Anderson (0-0) is scheduled to pitch for the T-Bones against Steve Fox (0-0) for the Jackals. Tickets are available by calling the T-Bones box office at 913-328-5618.
American Association Stories from May 18, 2012
- American Association Results - AA
- Goldeyes Erase Seven-Run Deficit in Win over Sox - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Ka'Aihue Leads T-Bones to First Win - Kansas City T-Bones
- Diablos Notch First Win Of Year - El Paso Diablos
- Hinson, Wingnuts Take Down Lincoln - Wichita Wingnuts
- Pheasants' rally falls short in ninth - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Saints Come from Behind for Dramatic 3-2 Walk off Win - St. Paul Saints
- RailCats Fall on Walk-Off Single - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Fish Add Pitcher to the Bullpen - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Saints Round out Roster with Pitcher Josh Cephas - St. Paul Saints
- RailCats Sign RHP Kyle Wilson - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Fans Can Vote for Best Relievers - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Fans Choose Ford, Moore as Top Starters - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Big Hits Elude AirHogs in Season Opener - Grand Prairie AirHogs
- T-Bones Drop Season Opener to New Jersey - Kansas City T-Bones
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.