Saints Come from Behind for Dramatic 3-2 Walk off WinMay 18, 2012 - American Association (AA) St. Paul Saints
With the Saints trailing 2-0 heading into the eighth inning the offense finally woke up and it started with two outs. Alex Garabedian got it started with a single to center. Jon Townsend sent Garabedian to third with a single to center. Jim Rapoport knocked home Garabedian with a single to right to cut the deficit to 2-1. Rapoport reached base all four times going 2-2 with an RBI and two walks.
In the bottom of the ninth Willie Cabrera got it started with a single to center. Cabrera stole second and Ole Sheldon, who committed the final out on opening night with the tying run on base, drove him home with a single to center to tie the game at two. Adam Frost pinch ran for Sheldon and moved to third on a single by Ronnie Bourquin. Hernandez then completed a comeback with a single back up the middle scoring Frost for the game winner.
Saints starter Wes Roemer gave the Saints their second straight night of impressive starting pitching. His lone blemish came in the fourth when he gave up a one out double to Jason James and an RBI single by Kyle Haines to give the Railcats a 1-0 lead. Roemer didn't allow another run to cross going 7.0 innings allowing one run on five hits while walking one and striking out six.
The Railcats took a 2-0 lead in the eighth when Chris Carrara led off with a single, stole second and scored on a double by Adam Klein. The Railcats could have done more damage, but left the bases loaded.
The same two teams meet in the third game of the series on Saturday night at Midway Stadium at 7:05 p.m. The Saints start RHP Alberto Rolon (NR) against Railcats RHP Andrew Johnston (NR). It is The Big Lebowski Night with Dudes Night Out presented by 5 Eyewitness News as the first 1,000 fans receive Dude Slippers. The game can be heard on Clun 1220 KLBB.
American Association Stories from May 18, 2012
- American Association Results - AA
- Goldeyes Erase Seven-Run Deficit in Win over Sox - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Ka'Aihue Leads T-Bones to First Win - Kansas City T-Bones
- Diablos Notch First Win Of Year - El Paso Diablos
- Hinson, Wingnuts Take Down Lincoln - Wichita Wingnuts
- Pheasants' rally falls short in ninth - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Saints Come from Behind for Dramatic 3-2 Walk off Win - St. Paul Saints
- RailCats Fall on Walk-Off Single - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Fish Add Pitcher to the Bullpen - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Saints Round out Roster with Pitcher Josh Cephas - St. Paul Saints
- RailCats Sign RHP Kyle Wilson - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Fans Can Vote for Best Relievers - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Fans Choose Ford, Moore as Top Starters - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Big Hits Elude AirHogs in Season Opener - Grand Prairie AirHogs
- T-Bones Drop Season Opener to New Jersey - Kansas City T-Bones
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.