Dragons Await Award Announcement WednesdayMay 18, 2012 - Midwest League (MWL) Dayton Dragons
The winner will be announced at a ceremony on May 23 at the New York Marriott Marquis at Times Square.
The Dragons are the first minor league team from any sport to be selected as a finalist for the award, which is in its fifth year of existence. The award honors one sports franchise based on an evaluation of "excellence, growth, creativity, innovation, sound planning, implementation and outcomes." Entries are judged by a panel of editors, writers and researchers from the SportsBusiness Journal and SportsBusiness Daily for the period from March 1, 2011 through February 29, 2012.
The Dragons play at Bowling Green tonight at 8:05 p.m. (EDT). They open a three-game series at Fifth Third Field in Dayton on Saturday against the Great Lakes Loons at 7:05 p.m.
Midwest League Stories from May 18, 2012
- LumberKings Win First Series Since Late April - Clinton LumberKings
- Sale Homers Again But Hot Rods Can't Sweep - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Snappers Fall in Extra Innings - Beloit Snappers
- River Bandits Get Extra-Inning Heroics to Stop Snappers - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Rally comes up short as Kernels fall to Kane County, 5-4 - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Bullpen Shines in Loss to Captains - South Bend Silver Hawks
- Lugs rip TinCaps in rubber match, 9-3 - Lansing Lugnuts
- Gomez goes deep to lead Rattlers past Bees - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Cougars Beat Kernels to Win Series - Kane County Cougars
- Chiefs Fall 8-2 Friday - Peoria Chiefs
- Dragons Battle Back to Win, 3-2 - Dayton Dragons
- Series Ends with 9-3 Loss for TinCaps - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Hankins' Triple Downs the Hawks - Lake County Captains
- Captains Home for Weekend Series - Lake County Captains
- Schedule Update - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Loons Win Heated Game Three - Great Lakes Loons
- Hometown Heroes Celebration Night at Fifth Third Field - Dayton Dragons
- Entry Deadline Extended for Grand Rapids Gus Macker Tournament - West Michigan Whitecaps
- Bees End Five-Game Skid, 8-3 over Wisconsin - Burlington Bees
- Dragons Await Award Announcement Wednesday - Dayton Dragons
- Hawks RHP Shields Earns Promotion - South Bend Silver Hawks
- Dragons Gameday for May 18 - Dayton Dragons
- Captains Begin Three-Game Home Stand Saturday - Lake County Captains
- Red Wings Legends Series Approaching - Great Lakes Loons
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.