'Wolves Take Series from AkronMay 16, 2012 - Eastern League (EL) Erie SeaWolves
The former Lakeland Pitcher of the Year lived up to the hype by pitching seven scoreless innings with just two hits allowed. Akron, one of the best defensive teams in the Eastern League, held Erie scoreless behind the superb pitching of Brett Brach.
Brach went only four innings before the Akron "tour de bullpen" began. The Aeros used five total pitchers and the Howlers could not put together a consistent effort when runners were on board.
That changed in the sixth inning when Preston Guilmet came in for his only inning of work. Rawley Bishop decided to take matters into his own hands and clobbered a solo shot well over the left field wall for the first run of the game and his 11th homer of the season.
Michael Morrison came in to replace Wesson in the 8th inning and was the beneficiary of more SeaWolves power. Bryan Price worked the eighth inning for Akron and gave up a one run blast to Jordan Lennerton who left a souvenir to for those working on the Tullio Arena renovations.
Morrison would make things interesting in the 9th, putting two runners on before allowing Thomas Neal to single in Jared Goedert. However, Morrison would get Kyle Bellows to ground out to Brandon Douglas at second to end the game and cap the Erie victory.
With the win, Erie finishes the homestand 5-1 while also winning 6 of the last 7. Erie now sits just 3.5 back of the division lead while they head on the road to Altoona this weekend.
Eastern League Stories from May 16, 2012
- Curve Pick up First Road Series Win in Bowie - Altoona Curve
- Baysox Drop Fifth Straight Game - Bowie Baysox
- Mets Top Thunder in Pitchers Duel, 1-0 - Trenton Thunder
- Fisher Cats Belt 4 Homers in Doubleheader Split at New Britain - New Hampshire Fisher Cats
- Mandel Marvelous in Senators Win, 3-1 - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- Marte Delivers in B-Mets Walk-Off Win, 1-0 - Binghamton Mets
- Eury Perez Leads Senators to 3-1 Win over Richmond - Harrisburg Senators
- Cecil, Fisher Cats Blank Rock Cats In Game 1 - New Britain Rock Cats
- Sea Dogs Score Early, Fall Late in 7-3 Loss to Reading - Portland Sea Dogs
- Flying Squirrels Game Notes 5/16 vs. Harrisburg - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- OF Michael Planeta Transferred to Bowie - Bowie Baysox
- 'Wolves Take Series from Akron - Erie SeaWolves
- SeaWolves Slip by Aeros, 2-1 - Akron Aeros
- Fisher Cats Increase Community Fundraising Efforts - New Hampshire Fisher Cats
- Erie SeaWolves vs. Akron Aeros - Game Notes - Erie SeaWolves
- B-Mets Game Notes: vs Trenton Thunder - Binghamton Mets
- Sea Dogs Game Notes - Portland Sea Dogs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.