66ers Fall in 14May 16, 2012 - California League (CalL) Inland Empire 66ers
Max Russell was outstanding for the 66ers, yielding just one unearned run on four hits and two walks with five strikeouts, but was saddled with the no-decision. Buddy Boshers picked up where his fellow lefty left off with three more shutout innings improving his season long stretch of scoreless innings pitched to 11 2/3.
But the 66ers offense could not get the support on the board for their staff. A Jett Bandy 3rd inning home run aside, the 66ers failed to score another run in 14 innings of baseball. The Storm scored the game winner in the 14th with two hits followed by two walks for a less than celebratory walk off win.
The 66ers will wrap up the series with the Storm Wednesday. First pitch is scheduled for 7:05 pm, and the game can be heard on the home of 66ers baseball KCAA 1050 AM beginning with the San Manuel Band of Mission Indians Pre-Game show at 6:55 pm. For information on 66ers tickets or to schedule your next fun filled group outing, contact the 66ers front office at (909)888-9922, or check out the website 66ers.com.
California League Stories from May 16, 2012
- Doran Picks up Fourth Win in Rubber Game - Lancaster JetHawks
- Inland Empire Infielder Earns Promotion - Inland Empire 66ers
- Quakes Drop Morning Affair, Host First-Place Mavs on Thursday - Rancho Cucamonga Quakes
- 66ers Launch Father's Day Plan with Free Angels Tickets - Inland Empire 66ers
- Rawhide Blow Past Mavericks 26-11 - Visalia Rawhide
- Giants Bullpen Stellar in 4-3 Victory over Nuts - San Jose Giants
- 66ers Fall in 14 - Inland Empire 66ers
- Quakes Cooled off Tuesday, Play Wednesday Morning - Rancho Cucamonga Quakes
- Pair of Home Runs Give Martinez First Win - Lancaster JetHawks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.