Shibuya Pitches Nine Scoreless InningsMay 15, 2012 - Midwest League (MWL) Beloit Snappers
Shibuya picked up his second win throwing nine innings allowing just three hits and no runs. Shibuya recorded nine strikeouts tonight. Clinton got the first hit of the night with a leadoff single from Mario Yepez in the top of the first, but Shibuya settled in and pitched a near perfect performance.
Beloit led off the eighth inning with a leadoff walk from Rory Rhodes. Rhodes was pinch-ran for by Wang-Wei Lin. Then, Jairo Rodriguez walked putting runners on first and second. After a failed bunt attempt by Tyler Grimes, J.D. Williams drove in the lone run on a 3-0 pitch from John Taylor, who got the loss for the LumberKings.
The Snappers had seven hits for the night. Tyler Grimes went two for three at the plate.
The Snappers continue their homestand with another three-game series vs. the Quad Cities River Bandits. Game time is set for 6:30 P.M. On the mound for the Snappers is LHP Jason Wheeler. Tomorrow is Wild Card Wednesday - Each strikeout the Snappers get in the second inning will get fans discounts in the gift shop. The first strikeout is worth 10%, the second 15% and the third 20%. If the Snappers strikeout the side during the third inning one lucky Snappers fan will receive a Snappy's Five Game Ticket Package! One person will have a chance to win a grand prize every Wednesday! Sodas and 12oz drafts of Miller products are just $2 thanks to Pepsi and Ott Schweitzer Distributing.
Midwest League Stories from May 15, 2012
- Shibuya Pitches Nine Scoreless Innings - Beloit Snappers
- Montilla Stays Hot, Hawks Drop Finale - South Bend Silver Hawks
- Lugnuts shade Dayton, 2-1, complete sweep - Lansing Lugnuts
- Vettleson, Sale Ignite Hot Rods to Series Win - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Dragons Bats Cold in 2-1 Loss - Dayton Dragons
- Kernels and River Bandits Postponed - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- River Bandits and Kernels Postponed by Rain - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Bees Swept by Chiefs, 2-0 - Burlington Bees
- Late Blasts Lift TinCaps to 5-4 Win - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Great Lakes Drops Fifth Straight - Great Lakes Loons
- Dragons Gameday for May 15 - Dayton Dragons
- Cougars Slam Rattlers for Series Win - Kane County Cougars
- Cougars top Rattlers in third straight game - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Chiefs Complete Four-Game Sweep of Bees - Peoria Chiefs
- Captains Sweep Loons to Get Back to .500 - Lake County Captains
- Kernels Return Home May 16 - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Timber Rattlers Homestand Highlights for May 16-21 - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Children's Assessment Center and Whitecaps Team-up to Support Children in Kent County - West Michigan Whitecaps
- Late Kernels rally sinks River Bandits, 5-3 - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Bees Lose Third Straight to Peoria, 2-1 - Burlington Bees
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.