Albuquerque's Brian Cavazos-Galvez Joins IsotopesMay 15, 2012 - Pacific Coast League (PCL) Albuquerque Isotopes
The outfielder started the season at Double-A Chattanooga, batting .167 before being transferred to Rancho Cucamonga on May 1. In 12 games for the Quakes, Cavazos-Galvez batted .346 with two doubles, a triple, three homers, and 11 RBI.
A graduate of Manzano High School, where he was honored as the Louisville Slugger State High School Player of the Year, Cavazos-Galvez went on to a distinguished career at New Mexico Junior College and the University of New Mexico. In two seasons with the Lobos (2008-09), Cavazos-Galvez twice earned First-Team All-Mountain West Conference honors. In 2009, he led the MWC with a .737 slugging percentage and 160 total bases, while ranking second with 15 homers and 63 RBI.
Adding to the storybook feel surrounding his promotion to the Isotopes, Cavazos-Galvez will celebrate his 25th birthday on Thursday May 17, the first day of the "Topes' next homestand.
His father, Balvino Galvez, played eight seasons in the Dodgers' organization, pitching in 10 games for the Dodgers in 1986, his lone Major League experience.
The Isotopes will return home Thursday for a 12-game homestand, the longest such stretch of the 2012 season that includes the Celebrity Softball Game, Bark in the Park, fireworks, a bobblehead giveaway, and a special Military Appreciation Memorial Day weekend. Tickets for any Isotopes game may be purchased at the Isotopes Park Box Office, at Ticketmaster outlets, by phone at 1-800-745-3000, or on-line at www.albuquerquebaseball.com or www.ticketmaster.com.
Pacific Coast League Stories from May 15, 2012
- Sky Sox Grounded by Redbirds - Memphis Redbirds
- River Cats Split Series with 9-4 Win over Iowa - Sacramento River Cats
- Rainiers Roughed Up By Round Rock, 11-3 - Tacoma Rainiers
- River Cats Sink Cubs - Iowa Cubs
- Noonan, Fresno Come Back to Beat Storm Chasers - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Manny Ramirez to Play at the Dell Diamond - Round Rock Express
- Manny Ramirez to Return to Albuquerque - Albuquerque Isotopes
- RedHawks Blast Off in 7-4 Win - Oklahoma City RedHawks
- Manny Ramirez Set to Join Sacramento River Cats - Sacramento River Cats
- Sounds Take Three of Four from Reno with 9-7 Victory on Wednesday - Nashville Sounds
- Isotopes Bested by Bees, 4-1 - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Nashville Tops Aces 9-7 in Finale - Reno Aces
- Albuquerque's Brian Cavazos-Galvez Joins Isotopes - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Cubs Sign Former All-Star MacDougal - Iowa Cubs
- RedHawks Game Notes: May 15, 2012 - Oklahoma City RedHawks
- Round Rock Express - Game Notes at Tacoma Rainiers - Round Rock Express
- Round Rock Express Slide Continues at Tacoma 13-6 - Round Rock Express
- Rainiers Rock Express, 13-6 - Tacoma Rainiers
- Five-Spot in Ninth Sends Omaha Past Fresno - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Cubs Contain River Cats - Iowa Cubs
- I-Cubs Top River Cats, 3-1 - Sacramento River Cats
- Bees Sting Isotopes 3-2 - Albuquerque Isotopes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.