Lindor, Colon Steer Captains Past LoonsMay 14, 2012 - Midwest League (MWL) - Great Lakes Loons
Lindor cranked a three-run home run to right field in the third, his fourth homer of the season. One inning later, he drove in two on a bases loaded single to right. Ranked as the No. 1 prospect in the Indians minor league system, Lindor was drafted eighth overall last year by Cleveland out of high school in Clermont, FL.
Colon (4-3) carried a shutout into the ninth inning, stymieing Loons batters throughout the game's first eight frames. The Loons finally roughed him up somewhat in the ninth, stringing together three straight hits to begin the inning, highlighted by a two-run triple by Noel Cuevas. Colon then struck out Scott Schebler and was replaced by Grant Sides. O'Koyea Dickson drove in the Loons' third run on a sac fly, but Sides eventually ended the game on a Jesse Bosnik ground out.
Already leading 3-0 in the fourth inning, Lake County capitalized on three Loons errors pushing across three unearned runs on an RBI single by Luigi Rodriguez and a two-run single by Lindor. The Loons errors were committed by Pedro Guerrero, Dickson and Bosnik and came against three straight batters.
Loons starter Ryan O'Sullivan (2-3) actually recorded a quality start, surrendering three earned runs and three unearned runs over six innings. He walked three and struck out three.
The Loons (20-18) and Captains (18-19) meet for the finale of a four-game series Tuesday morning at 11am ET at Classic Park. Right-hander Gustavo Gomez (4-1, 3.74 ERA) is slated to start for the Loons against Lake County righty Cody Anderson (3-1, 2.25). The game will be broadcast live on ESPN 100.9-FM and ESPN1009.com.
The Great Lakes Loons are a sixth-year Single-A partner of the Los Angeles Dodgers and are in the middle of their 5th Anniversary Celebration, which kicked off in August 2011 and will continue throughout the 2012 season. For more information about the Loons, visit Loons.com or call 989-837-BALL.
Midwest League Stories from May 14, 2012
- Quad Cities Allows Four Runs in the Ninth, Loses 5-3 - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Hawks Toss Combined One-Hitter, Split Twin Bill - South Bend Silver Hawks
- Chiefs Win 2-1 Monday - Peoria Chiefs
- Brett's Clutch RBI Leads to Doubleheader Split - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Lugnuts Turn Triple Play, Defeat Dragons 4-2 - Lansing Lugnuts
- Rosario Seals the Deal with Solo Homer, Snappers Win 5-2 - Beloit Snappers
- TinCaps Sink Whitecaps 4-0 - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Lugnuts' Win over Dragons Features Triple Play - Dayton Dragons
- Lindor's Five RBI's Fuel Captains Win - Lake County Captains
- Lindor, Colon Steer Captains Past Loons - Great Lakes Loons
- Segovia Added to Roster, Torres Promoted - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Cougars Slam Rattlers - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Cougars Rip Rattlers - Kane County Cougars
- Dragons Announce Details for Subway Dragons 5K - Dayton Dragons
- Dragons Gameday for May 14 - Dayton Dragons
- TinCaps' Donavan Tate Reinstated from Disabled List - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- TinCaps Announce Roster Moves - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Wisconsin's Andy Moye Name Midwest League Pitcher of the Week - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Lugnuts' Pillar Named MWL Batter of the Week - Lansing Lugnuts
- Homestand Notes for May 16 - May 18 - Bowling Green Hot Rods
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.