RedHawks Celebrate Hometown Heroes With 6-5 WinMay 12, 2012 - Pacific Coast League (PCL) Oklahoma City RedHawks
Coming off his two previous starts in which he allowed a combined 15 runs and 20 hits, Clemens (3-3) was magnificent, going a season-high seven innings. He allowed just three hits-all singles-and did not allow a runner to reach second base.
Clemens finished strong, retiring the last 15 hitters he faced. He struck out six and walked none.
The RedHawks went up 2-0 in the second on a Mike Hessman home run and an RBI single by Brian Bixler.
The score remained the same as Clemens was cruising into the seventh. The RedHawks put up four more runs, including a two-out, two-run single by Jimmy Paredes to seemingly put the game away and make it 6-0.
Tucson rallied for five runs in the eighth against the RedHawks bullpen to suddenly make it a one-run game. The Padres scored four runs with two outs in the inning, including a two-run homer by Yasmani Grandal.
With runners at second and third with two outs, Enerio Del Rosario recovered and struck out Daniel Robertson to end the threat and keep the RedHawks in the lead.
A one-out error by Bixler in the ninth put the tying runner at second, but Jose Valdez struck out Alexi Amarista and got Blake Tekotte to ground out to earn his seventh save.
Tucson pitcher Colt Hynes (0-4) went a season-high six innings, but earned the loss. The lefty gave up two runs and eight hits with three strikeouts and one walk.
The RedHawks will shoot for a third straight win when they face the Padres at 2:05 p.m. Sunday afternoon. Join the RedHawks for "Pampering at the Park", presented by Gildan. In honor of Mother's Day, Gildan is offering free manicures and massages throughout the game and a special Mother's Day t-shirt. Tickets are available through the RedHawks box office, or by calling (405) 218-1000, or visiting okcredhawks.com.
Live coverage begins at 1:35 p.m on 1340 AM The Game, 1340thegame.com, or through the free IHeartRadio app on your mobile device.
Pacific Coast League Stories from May 12, 2012
- Albuquerque Swats Bees in Series Opener, 5-4 - Albuquerque Isotopes
- RedHawks Celebrate Hometown Heroes With 6-5 Win - Oklahoma City RedHawks
- Comeback falsl short - Tucson Padres
- Jesse Chavez Shuts Out the Zephyrs 8-0 - New Orleans Zephyrs
- Aces Fall to Sounds 6-5 in Rain-Shortened Opener - Reno Aces
- Brown Blasts Sky Sox Past Redbirds - Memphis Redbirds
- Sounds Win Rain-Shortened Series Opener against Reno - Nashville Sounds
- Chicago Cubs Recall Casey Coleman - Iowa Cubs
- RedHawks Game Notes: May 12, 2012 - Oklahoma City RedHawks
- Round Rock Express - Game Notes at Tacoma Rainiers - Round Rock Express
- Cubs Win Series over Grizzlies - Iowa Cubs
- Carraway Carries Rainiers To Shutout Win Over Albuquerque - Tacoma Rainiers
- Smith Shines as Storm Chasers Down River Cats - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Isotopes Fall to Rainiers in Near-Perfecto, 4-0 - Albuquerque Isotopes
- River Cats Fall to Storm Chasers 7-1, Win Series 3-1 - Sacramento River Cats
- Tucson beats New Orleans - Tucson Padres
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.