Isotopes Edge Rainiers, 3-2May 11, 2012 - Pacific Coast League (PCL) Tacoma Rainiers
Albuquerque took an early 2-0 lead after scoring a pair of runs in the top of the third inning. Second baseman Ivan De Jesus, Jr. hit a double to right field that scored runners from first and second to put Tacoma in quick a 2-0 hole.
The Rainiers battled back to within one, before former Rainiers catcher Josh Bard stretched Albuquerque's lead to 3-1 with an RBI-single in the sixth.
Johan Limonta drove in a run with a double in the seventh to bring the Rainiers within one run again, but Tacoma managed just one hit and no runs over the game's final two frames.
Tacoma was held to just five hits and struck out a season-high 14 times in the contest. Limonta recorded the Rainiers only multi-hit effort with a 2-for-4 performance, and Luis Jimenez stretched his team-best hitting streak to 11 games after doubling in the sixth.
Starter Jarrett Grube (0-2) was dealt the loss despite turning in his strongest outing of the season. The right-hander held the Isotopes to two runs on five hits and struck out a season-high nine batters over 5.0 innings in his fourth start and sixth appearance with Tacoma in 2012.
Right-handed reliever Stephen Pryor struck out three and allowed just one hit and one walk over 2.0 innings out of the bullpen in the eighth and ninth.
The Rainiers (11-23) play the final game of the club's four-game series with Albuquerque (22-13) on Friday, May 10. Right-hander Andrew Carraway (0-0, -.--) is scheduled to make his Triple-A debut against Isotopes left-hander Michael Antonini (1-0, 4.50). First pitch is scheduled for 7:05 p.m., with Friday Night Fireworks displayed immediately following the conclusion of the game.
Every Rainiers game can be heard live on South Sound Sports 850-AM and is available to be streamed online at www.tacomarainiers.com.
To purchase season tickets, group packages or party decks for the 2012 season, call (253) 752-7707 or email email@example.com. Up-to-date news and notes throughout the season can be found at www.tacomarainiers.com and by following the Rainiers on Twitter (@RainiersLand) or liking the team on Facebook.
Pacific Coast League Stories from May 11, 2012
- Redbirds Get Swept up by Aces - Memphis Redbirds
- Round Rock Express Stymied by Salt Lake 9-6 - Round Rock Express
- Zephyrs Lose Late Lead 6-4 to Split with Padres - New Orleans Zephyrs
- Sounds Split Series with Sky Sox with 6-2 Loss on Friday - Nashville Sounds
- Aces Sweep 'Birds with Record-Tying Eighth-Straight Win - Reno Aces
- Tonight's Game Canceled - Oklahoma City RedHawks
- Baptist Memorial Health Care Partners with the Memphis Redbirds to Celebrate Their Centennial at Aut - Memphis Redbirds
- Players' Wives' Food Drive Set for Saturday at Raley Field - Sacramento River Cats
- Round Rock Express - Game Notes at Salt Lake Bees - Round Rock Express
- RedHawks Game Notes - Oklahoma City RedHawks
- RedHawks, Devon Energy Present Hometown Heroes Celebration Night Tomorrow - Oklahoma City RedHawks
- Wells, Cubs Roll Past Grizzlies - Iowa Cubs
- Isotopes Edge Rainiers, 3-2 - Tacoma Rainiers
- Ely Excellent in Delivering 'Topes a 3-2 Win - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Sacramento Knocks off Omaha - Omaha Storm Chasers
- River Cats Capitalize on Storm Chaser Errors, Win 9-4 - Sacramento River Cats
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.