Captains Win Pitcher's Duel 2-1May 10, 2012 - Midwest League (MWL) Lake County Captains
The Captains got on the board first in the bottom of the opening inning. Todd Hankins led off the ballgame with a triple down the left field line. He trotted home on the Alex Monsalve sacrifice fly to center field. Lake County led 1-0.
The Dragons evened the score in the top of the second inning. Juan Silva walked to begin the frame. He was singled to third base and came home on a groundball by Nick O'Shea. The score was tied 1-1.
Lake County took the lead in the bottom half of the second inning when Alex Lavisky deposited his second homerun of the season to left field. The score was 2-1 Captains after two innings.
The Dragons sent LHP Tanner Robles (2-2, 2.72) to the mound. Robles pitched six innings and had allowed four base hits. Robles allowed two runs both of which were earned and walked one while fanning four. Robles allowed the homer to Lavisky and took the loss. The bullpen for Dayton pitched two scoreless innings in the seventh and eight innings.
The Captains will stay at Classic Park on Friday Night. On Friday, the Captains will send LHP Shawn Morimando (0-0, 4.50) to the mound against RHP Stalin Gerson (1-3, 5.40). First Pitch is scheduled for 6:30 PM
Friday's game is the first Fireworks Friday night presented by State Farm Insurance Agent John Sullivan and 92.3 FM, The Fan. Fans will be treated to the first of nine Friday post-game fireworks extravaganzas. Game time is 6:30 PM.
Full season tickets plans, 7-, 12-, 20-, and 35-game mini ticket plans for the 2012 season are on sale now at great prices complete with several exclusive benefits. Information can be found at the Captains website www.captainsbaseball.com.
The Lake County Captains are a Class A affiliate of the Cleveland Indians and play their home games at Classic Park in Eastlake, at the corners of State Route 91 and Vine Street. For more information on the Captains, please visit the team's official website at www.CaptainsBaseball.com.
Midwest League Stories from May 10, 2012
- Chiefs Lose 6-5 Thursday - Peoria Chiefs
- Bandits blast two homers to beat Wisconsin - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Fort Wayne Loses 3-2 to South Bend - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Lugnuts romp, 13-5, over Hot Rods - Lansing Lugnuts
- Calixte Slams Cougars to Victory - Kane County Cougars
- Goeddel Doubles Home Two in Defeat - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Inciarte Delivers Again, Hawks Down TinCaps - South Bend Silver Hawks
- Lake County Arms Hold Dragons Down - Dayton Dragons
- Captains Win Pitcher's Duel 2-1 - Lake County Captains
- Lansing Lugnuts Announce Roster Moves - Lansing Lugnuts
- Loons Win Again - Great Lakes Loons
- Kernels fall to Burlington, 8-6 - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Dayton Dragons Homestand Preview - Dayton Dragons
- Roster Move Precedes Tonight's Game - Kane County Cougars
- Bees Beat Kernels in Front of Big Crowd, 8-6 - Burlington Bees
- Wisconsin Timber Rattlers to Let Fans Run the Show on June 25 - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Rivero Named Rays April Pitcher of the Month - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Dragons Gameday for May 10 - Dayton Dragons
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.