Dragons Gameday for May 9May 9, 2012 - Midwest League (MWL) Dayton Dragons
Classic Park l Eastlake, Ohio l 6:30 p.m.
Radio: WONE-AM 980
Dayton Dragons (13-19) at Lake County Captains (13-18)
Daniel Tuttle (1-1, 2.55) vs. RH Joe Colon (2-3, 3.90)
Today's Game : The Dayton Dragons (affiliate of the Cincinnati Reds) meet the Lake County Captains (affiliate of the Cleveland Indians) in the first game of a three-game series.
Last Game : Dayton and Fort Wayne split a marathon doubleheader on Tuesday as 23-innings of baseball ended at 12:27 a.m. this morning, marking the highest number of innings played on one game date in Dragons history. The first game, scheduled for seven innings, lasted 16 innings before Fort Wayne's Austin Hedges delivered an RBI double to break a 1-1 tie and the TinCaps went on to win 3-1. The game featured nine extra innings to set the all-time Fifth Third Field record. In game two, Dayton's Steve Selsky hit a home run and drove in three runs to lead the Dragons to a 4-2 victory. Starting pitcher Radhames Quezada earned his first win of the year and Brooks Pinckard notched the save. In the doubleheader, pitchers on both sides were able to work out of numerous jams. The two teams went a combined 3 for 35 with runners in scoring position.
- Steve Selsky is batting .327 over his last 13 games (16 for 49), raising his average from .220 to .273.
- Ryan Wright is batting .308 over his last seven games, going 8 for 26 with a home run, double, and triple.
- Dragons reliever Brooks Pinckard has made five appearances with the Dragons without allowing a run (9 IP, 3 H, 0 BB).
- Dragons reliever Ryan Kemp over his last six appearances: 10.1 IP, 8 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 7 SO.
- Dragons reliever Carlos Contreras over his last seven appearances: 13.1 IP, 6 H, 2 R, 1 ER, 5 BB, 9 SO. Contreras is fourth among Midwest League relievers in opponent's batting average at .130 (7 for 54).
- Dragons pitchers worked 23 innings yesterday and allowed only three earned runs to lower the team earned run average to 3.17 (third best in the league).
- Three Dragons relievers have ERA's under 2.00 (Pinckard: 0.00; Kemp: 0.98; McMyne: 1.84).
- Dragons relievers have posted a 2.36 ERA over their last 20 games (87.2 IP, 23 ER).
Today's Transactions : Pitcher Ryan Kiel promoted to Bakersfield. Pitcher Mike Dennhardt promoted to Dayton from extended spring training.
Midwest League Stories from May 9, 2012
- Timber Rattlers Come Back to Bite River Bandits - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Loons Win Pitchers' Duel - Great Lakes Loons
- Wisconsin pounds out a win over Quad Cities - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Bees Doomed from Start vs. Kernels, 14-2 - Burlington Bees
- Kernels blast Bees, 14-2 - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Hoilman Breaks Hit Streak Record, Chiefs Lose 2-1 - Peoria Chiefs
- Lugs ride Walden, end losing streak - Lansing Lugnuts
- Sale Drives Home First Run But Hot Rods Fall in Lansing - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Cougars Rally to Beat LumberKings - Kane County Cougars
- Colon Dazzles the Dragons, Captains Defeat Dayton 4-1 - Lake County Captains
- Colon, Lake County Top Dragons 4-1 - Dayton Dragons
- Hot Rods Homestand Notes for May 12-15 - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Garrido Receives First Promotion of Season - Kane County Cougars
- Final Scheduled High School Game at Fifth Third Field - Dayton Dragons
- Portillo Leads Fort Wayne to 5-2 Win - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Hawks Held Hitless into Seventh, Fall 5-2 - South Bend Silver Hawks
- Dragons Announce Roster Changes - Dayton Dragons
- Dragons Gameday for May 9 - Dayton Dragons
- Cuevas, Loons Take Game, Series from SB - Great Lakes Loons
- Dragons Split Marathon Doubleheader with Fort Wayne - Dayton Dragons
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.