Dragons Gameday for May 8May 8, 2012 - Midwest League (MWL) Dayton Dragons
Fifth Third Field l Dayton, Ohio l 6:00 p.m.
Radio: WONE-AM 980
Fort Wayne TinCaps (13-17) at Dayton Dragons (12-18), DH
LH Frank Garces (1-2, 2.78) & RH Justin Hancock (0-0, 2.66) vs. RH Dan Jensen (1-2, 1.69) & RH Radhames Quezada (0-3, 2.61)
Today's Game : The Dayton Dragons (affiliate of the Cincinnati Reds) meet the Fort Wayne TinCaps (affiliate of the San Diego Padres) in a make-up doubleheader to close out the four-game series.
Today's Dragons Starting Pitchers: Dan Jensen makes his first start of the season after 10 strong relief appearances. Jensen has replaced Justice French in the starting rotation (French was promoted to Bakersfield). Jensen is the first local product to play for the Dragons in franchise history. He played at Centerville High School, Sinclair Community College, and the University of Cincinnati before being signed by the Reds as a 20th round draft pick in 2011. Jensen pitched at Billings last season, going 1-2, 6.39 in 13 games (two starts). He also made one start at Bakersfield in his only appearance there (0-0, 1.50)...Radhames Quezada makes his seventh start of the season tonight. Quezada was not involved in the decision in his last start on Thursday vs. Lake County (6 IP, 4 H, 2 R, 1 ER, 2 BB, 1 SO). He is a 21-year-old native of the Dominican Republic who is in his fifth year in the Reds organization. He signed as a 17-year-old international free agent in 2007. He played at Billings in 2011, going 2-3, 3.83 in 10 starts.
- Ryan Wright has hit safely in five straight games, going 8 for 19, .421 with a home run. He has raised his average from .277 to .301.
- Juan Silva is batting .440 over his last eight games (11 for 25). He has raised his batting average from .158 to .244.
- Steve Selsky is batting .325 over his last 11 games (13 for 40), raising his average from .220 to .267.
- Dragons reliever Ryan Kemp over his last five appearances: 7.1 IP, 4 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 6 SO.
- Dragons reliever Brooks Pinckard has made four appearances with the Dragons without allowing a run (7 IP, 3 H, 0 BB).
- Dragons reliever Carlos Contreras over his last six appearances: 11.1 IP, 5 H, 2 R, 1 ER, 4 BB, 7 SO.
- Pitcher Dan Jensen has become the first Montgomery County native to play for the Dragons in their history. Jensen is from the Dayton suburb of Centerville.
- The Dragons are batting .268 vs. left-handed pitchers; .221 vs. right-handers.
- Five Dragons relievers have ERA's under 2.00 (Pinckard: 0.00; Kiel: 0.00; Muhammad: 0.00; Kemp: 1.17; McMyne: 1.84).
- Dragons relievers have posted a 2.60 ERA over their last 18 games (72.2 IP, 21 ER).
Midwest League Stories from May 8, 2012
- TinCaps Split Twinbill with Dragons - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- River Bandits Drop Finale with Chiefs, 7-2 - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Hoilman Ties Chiefs Hit Streak Record in 7-2 Tuesday Win - Peoria Chiefs
- Sano Blasts Tenth Homer, But Snappers Fall 4-3 - Beloit Snappers
- TinCaps Win Game One of Doubleheader In 16 Innings - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Cougars Clip Snappers for Series Split - Kane County Cougars
- Kernels avoid sweep with 5-4 win over Wisconsin - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Bees Go Back-To-Back in Win over Clinton, 7-0 - Burlington Bees
- Kernels end Rattlers win streak - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Captains Begin Seven-Game Home Stand Wednesday With a 100th Birthday Bash - Lake County Captains
- Whitecaps trip Lugs late, earn series split - Lansing Lugnuts
- Vettleson Has Big Day, Hot Rods Lose Late Lead - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Captains to Host a 100th Birthday Party for Emily Serian - Lake County Captains
- Lake County Splits Four Game Set with Bowling Green, Wins 4-3 - Lake County Captains
- Dragons Gameday for May 8 - Dayton Dragons
- Captains Partner with Chevy Network & Classic Chevrolet - Lake County Captains
- Torres Activated to Hot Rods Roster - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Kernels swept by Wisconsin, 2-0 and 3-2 - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Bees Drop Game 3 at Clinton, 5-2 - Burlington Bees
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.